Re: [GRARA] Repeater Information Clarification

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2013
      Rob,

      Minor correction. The second repeater would be 146.76, minus offset (-600) and a 94.8 Hz tone. Try that and see if it works.

      Me? I'm so old I remember the 76 repeater on 92nd St hill using Moseley DI-2 antennas and a tube type GE Progress line transmitter and receiver. Yup, that's old.

      Tom Bosscher K8TB

      On 8/19/2013 12:06 PM, Robert S wrote:

      I notice in various repeater directories a few repeaters for W8DC.

      1. 147.260 PL 94.8 Offset +
      2. 147.760 PL 94.8 Offset +

      Two questions:

      1. The second listing, is it wrong or is that repeater not functioning? I try that frequency and am unable to bring up the repeater. The W8DC site does not show the that repeater.

      2. Is there not currently a 70cm repeater available that is managed by GRARA?

      Thanks everyone!

      73's

      Rob - KD8VHV

    • tomKD8DEG
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2013

        LOL!!! WOW You are old Tom. I know I have no room to talk.  One more for us old timers. You could whistle it up if you did not have tone capability. I think the tone was 1600 c/ hertz.

        KD8DEG  Tom

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2013
          Tom,

          Well it would appear that I can not read the repeater directory correctly. I made the changes to the "correct" frequency and the correct offset and I am able to bring up the repeater as expected.

          The repeater directories have a +600 KHz listed for that repeater. It would appear that I had two things going on.

          I am such a new ham!

          Smiles, thanks for the update and for the reply to my posting.

          Rob - KD8VHV

          --- In GRARA@yahoogroups.com, K8TB <k8tb@...> wrote:

          > Rob,
          >
          > Minor correction. The second repeater would be 146.76, minus offset
          > (-600) and a 94.8 Hz tone. Try that and see if it works.
          >
          > Me? I'm so old I remember the 76 repeater on 92nd St hill using Moseley
          > DI-2 antennas and a tube type GE Progress line transmitter and receiver.
          > Yup, that's old.
          >
          > Tom Bosscher K8TB
          >

          > On 8/19/2013 12:06 PM, Robert S wrote:
          > >
          > > I notice in various repeater directories a few repeaters for W8DC.
          > >
          > > 1. 147.260 PL 94.8 Offset +
          > > 2. 147.760 PL 94.8 Offset +
          > >
          > > Two questions:
          > >
          > > 1. The second listing, is it wrong or is that repeater not
          > > functioning? I try that frequency and am unable to bring up the
          > > repeater. The W8DC site does not show the that repeater.
          > >
          > > 2. Is there not currently a 70cm repeater available that is managed by
          > > GRARA?
          > >
          > > Thanks everyone!
          > >
          > > 73's
          > >
          > > Rob - KD8VHV

        • Robert S
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2013
            Tom,

            Is there a reason that the both repeaters are not listed on the GRARA website?

            I submitted an edit request on the Artsci Repeater Directory asking them to change the offset information on the repeater listing for 146.760.

            I do not know if they will submit an email to the GRARA requesting verification or not. Hope that request is Ok with the club.

            http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/local/index.asp?state=Michigan&city=GRAND RAPIDS

            Rob Schroeder - KD8VHV

            --- In GRARA@yahoogroups.com, K8TB <k8tb@...> wrote:

            > Rob,
            >
            > Minor correction. The second repeater would be 146.76, minus offset
            > (-600) and a 94.8 Hz tone. Try that and see if it works.
            >
            > Me? I'm so old I remember the 76 repeater on 92nd St hill using Moseley
            > DI-2 antennas and a tube type GE Progress line transmitter and receiver.
            > Yup, that's old.
            >
            > Tom Bosscher K8TB
            >

            > On 8/19/2013 12:06 PM, Robert S wrote:
            > >
            > > I notice in various repeater directories a few repeaters for W8DC.
            > >
            > > 1. 147.260 PL 94.8 Offset +
            > > 2. 147.760 PL 94.8 Offset +
            > >
            > > Two questions:
            > >
            > > 1. The second listing, is it wrong or is that repeater not
            > > functioning? I try that frequency and am unable to bring up the
            > > repeater. The W8DC site does not show the that repeater.
            > >
            > > 2. Is there not currently a 70cm repeater available that is managed by
            > > GRARA?
            > >
            > > Thanks everyone!
            > >
            > > 73's
            > >
            > > Rob - KD8VHV

          • Charles Rich
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2013
              You're not old, Tom----You are ancient....almost like me!!
              Of course, that young "teen ager+ you run arount with keeps you young!!
               CER / GCW
              CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
              Licensed by the FCC since 1950