GRARA Fox Hunt rumor -- is it true?

  • grara_cheerleader
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008
      Hey, I heard that GRARA is having another fox hunt coming up soon. Is
      there any truth to that??

      The May one was a blast!

      Let me know, I will get the tape measure yagi out again.
    • Gary Lauff
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2008
        --- In GRARA@yahoogroups.com, "grara_cheerleader" <Michel@...> wrote:

        > Hey, I heard that GRARA is having another fox hunt coming up soon.
        Is
        > there any truth to that??
        >
        > The May one was a blast!
        >
        > Let me know, I will get the tape measure yagi out again.

        Will the Fox be Tom Bosh, K8TB? If is is, you can count me in! That ham
        knows how to find a fox, FAST!
        KD8AZM Gary.
      • AB8ND
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2008
          Yup,
            To is the fox

          Jack, ab8nd

          Gary Lauff wrote:

          --- In GRARA@yahoogroups. com, "grara_cheerleader" <Michel@...> wrote:

          > Hey, I heard that GRARA is having another fox hunt coming up soon.
          Is
          > there any truth to that??
          >
          > The May one was a blast!
          >
          > Let me know, I will get the tape measure yagi out again.

          Will the Fox be Tom Bosh, K8TB? If is is, you can count me in! That ham
          knows how to find a fox, FAST!
          KD8AZM Gary.

        • K8TB
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2008
            Yes, there will be a fox...

            Details:

            On June 8, 2008 at 1PM the fox will start transmitting on 145.53 MHz.

            Transmissions will be 1 minute long, every 5 minutes, plus any request
            for transmissions.

            The starting point will be the IRA swap location at the Hudsonville fair
            grounds.

            The fox will be limited by boundaries:

            West- 96th Ave in Ottawa Co.
            South- Adams (Ottawa County)/100th St (Kent)
            East- Byron Center
            North-M-45

            This fox hunt is under the auspices of GRARA, and you do not have to be
            a member of GRARA to participate.

            Someone from GRARA will take odometer readings at the start location,
            and the winner is the car that gets there with the
            least mileage.

            Other details to follow.

            Find me if you can...

            Tom Bosscher K8TB

            p.s., people have asked me about the DF receiver that I use. It is made
            by VK3YNG, and a indirect link to him can be found at:
            http://users.bigpond.net.au/vk3yng/foxhunt/foxhunt.html