QST QST QST - WQ8RP to be activated for Flight of the Bumblebees, July 28

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2013
      Yep, the Flight of the Bumblebees, sponsored by the Adventure Radio Society is being held on Sunday, July 28, from 1700 to 2100 UTC  (1 p.m. to 5 p.m. EDT). Rules are at
      http://www.arsqrp.blogspot.com/
      Note this is an event dedicated to "Corn Whiskey" only - so polish up your left foot sending.

      I've reserved the use of the Michigan QRP Club's call, WQ8RP, and have requested a Bumblebee number, "88."

      The place we've used for the past few years seems a reasonable spot - it's Fisk Knob Park, 17533 Algoma Avenue, Cedar Springs, MI 49319.
      http://www.accesskent.com/Parks/Directory/fiskknob.htm
      Note the web site says the park is not open - but that means it is not open to vehicular traffic except by special permission.   Since FOBB requires that Bumblebee operators in the field "get to their operating site principally under their own power by walking, biking, boating, and so on. The distance traveled to the site is at the Bumblebee’s discretion."  The 200 or so feet from the parking lot to the big shade tree has satisfied the "walking" requirement in the past.  I'll be there, probably by 1630Z or so, and set up under the tree near the bend in the walkway/driveway.

      If you get lost, call my cell phone (616) 828-9663.

      I invite anyone interested in QRP operation to join in this event.   The rules state we may operate multi-op, but only one transmitter at a time.  But, if you wish bring your rig, and hook it to the antenna when it's your turn at left foot sending.  (Note, sending with left foot is optional - but CW is the only mode permitted by the rules.)

      Please let me know by return e-mail, private responses preferred.