Museum Ships 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013

      Please post this notice on your club reflector or web site.

      The Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club, KK5W is participating in this year’s
      Museum Ships Weekend. June 1-2, 2013.  Our call sign, KK5W will be credited
      as a contact with both WW II Submarine USS Cavalla and Destroyer Escort USS
      Stewart. Visit our web page for more information, www.bvarcmswe.org.   We
      will be operating from Seawolf Park in Galveston, Texas, NA-143.

      Frequencies as follows:
      SSB
      7.260 MKHz
      14.260 MHz
      21.360 MHz
      28.360 MHz

      CW
      7.039 Mhz
      14,039 MHz
      21.039 KHz
      28,039 KHz

      Amateur radio operators in the Galveston - Houston area are
      cordially invited to participate. You can sign up on the web page if you
      would like to operate KK5W during the event at Seawolf Park.

      KK5W will also host two VHF Nets for Houston-Galveston amateurs to contact
      the local museum ships using the WA5CYI repeater 146.94 (-) PL 167.9 on
      Saturday and Sunday from 11AM - 1 PM Local time.  We are anticipating the
      USS Texas (NA5DV), Elissa (N5E), and the Grandcamp/High Flyer Memorial
      (AC0TX) will be on the net.

      Operation on OSCAR satellites is planned for daytime passes on Saturday,
      June 1.
      A balloon launch is scheduled for Saturday morning,

      For the second year, KK5W is sponsoring the Texas Navy Award.
      This year’s Texas Navy Fleet is expanded to include:
          USS Cavalla and USS Stewart  – KK5W
          USS Texas – NA5DV
          Tall Ship Elissa – N5E
          USS Lexington – W5LEX
          SS High Flyer and SS Grandcamp Memorial – AC0TX
          National Museum of the Pacific War – N5P
      For KK5W and AC0TX, one contact counts for both ships.

      Provide evidence of two way communication (log extract) with at least four
      of the call signs during MSWE 2013 to earn the 2013 Texas Navy Certificate.
      Work all six to earn the coveted “Clean Sweep” endorsement. Visit our web
      page, www.bvarcmswe.org for information on how to claim the certificate.

      73,
      Ron, K5HM
      Event Coordinator