Triangular Recesssed Panhead screwdriver

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2012
      Not exactly ham radio related, but I have an electronics gadget which is put together with what my local Ace Hardware describes as "Triangular Recessed Panhead" screws.

      I've never seen one of them before this.  Neither Ace nor its outside supplier has a tool to remove such screws.  The people at Ace said screws like this are used for security.

      But, I'd like to see what's inside a defective control box.

      Anyone know where I might find a screwdriver or something which fits in my drill which could extract something like this.  The screws have a triagular depression in the had, not quite equilateral (at least as measured by eye.)

      Private responses seem appropriate.

    • Rich Douglas
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2012
        Henry, Is this a Nintendo or Xbox product? If so, I may be able to help.

        73,
        Rich Douglas, KC8NKA

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
          It is a TP3 security screw, googling it I only came up with one tool source
          You might call Snap-On also

          Yup, Rich is on it, Nintendo and Xbox are big users of these fasteners

          Jack, ab8nd