HAMS and Hurricane Isaac

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
      Hurricane watch nets provide valuable help during landfall of Hurricane
      Isaac.

      For one view of what was/is going on, see

      http://goo.gl/Oq6T1

      BTW, I'm >99.44% sure that amateur radio will continue to be useful in
      the aftermath of Isaac, with some "parishes" in Louisiana with floods of
      up to 12' above ground level. If you are so inclined, contact West
      Michigan Red Cross, 1050 Fuller Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Phone
      (616) 456-8661, for information on how to become a volunteer for such
      eventualities. Be forewarned that a typical stint in a disaster relief
      area may last for a month or more, but many people find this type of
      work very rewarding.

      And, though I haven't seen any direct plea for $$'s, events such as a
      hurricane typically tax the financial resources of the Red Cross, so I'm
      sure donations would be greatly appreciated. Checks may be sent to the
      above address, with a notation "For Hurricane Isaac Relief" if so
      desired, or there's an on line web page at
      http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations where credit or debit cards
      may be used for such a donation.

      73 de n8xx Hg
    • wd8usa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
        Thanks Hank- They are indeed pitching for funds for DA relief! Or better yet, get Red Cross training and assist! DE WD8USA   ...-.-