Grara Hamfest Project status

  • sprovost
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2012
      Hello, on saturday a crew of 15 or so people assisted with the removal of about 35 years of amateur radio equipment from a local silent key's basememt.

      We cataloged over 135 pieces of equipment with many items that were not inventoried.

      We expect to have this equipment available at the swap meet for people to look at and purchase!

      What I wanted to know is there is still alot of work to do and have the idea to have the radio room group go to Bob Moe's house for the next two wednesdays before the swap meet to go over the equipment and do any minor work as needed to make the equipment shine a little brighter!

      What is your thoughts on this idea?

      Thanks
      "Stephen" (not Steven) KC8WQL
    • James
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2012
        Sounds like a good idea. Here is a cleaning tip. since the equipment was in the basement make a mix of water and bleach. Wipe the equipment with a damp cloth. Open it up and put in the sunshine to dry. Let it get nice and warm to dry up the mold or mildew. cul Jim KB8QAQ

        --- In GRARA@yahoogroups.com, "sprovost" <stprovost@...> wrote:

        > Hello, on saturday a crew of 15 or so people assisted with the removal of about 35 years of amateur radio equipment from a local silent key's basememt.
        >
        > We cataloged over 135 pieces of equipment with many items that were not inventoried.
        >
        > We expect to have this equipment available at the swap meet for people to look at and purchase!
        >
        > What I wanted to know is there is still alot of work to do and have the idea to have the radio room group go to Bob Moe's house for the next two wednesdays before the swap meet to go over the equipment and do any minor work as needed to make the equipment shine a little brighter!
        >
        > What is your thoughts on this idea?
        >
        > Thanks
        > "Stephen" (not Steven) KC8WQL

      • Jim Leys
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2012
          Think that was the plan. Bob suggested to bring some paper towel and a bottle of windex. If we can get a few people there Wedensday night we can probably get a lot done. What time to be at Bob's?