Grand Rapids, MI storms leave ham needing help K8XL

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 5:23 AM
      This is an email I received from Larry, WB8R, our ARRL SCM.
      Does anyone know K8XL and could stop by to see if needs help?
      According to QRZ, Bob, K8XL lives at O-2204 Hayes St NW, Marne, MI

      Subject: Grand Rapids, MI storms leave ham needing help

      Larry,
      Today 05/29/2012 on the MidCars net on 7258 kHz there was a check in from
      a ham station K8XL stating that last nights storm had taken out many of his
      antennas and most of his equipment. He has insurance but he needs assistance
      on checking out antennas (such as on his roof) since he has medical
      conditions due to his age. Is there anybody or clubs maybe that you can get
      in touch with to help this guy out? I am sure once his insurance replaces
      the damaged items he will need help getting it set back up as well.

      Sincerely,

      Collin A Dvorak
      K7AAB
      Granite City, IL
      k7aab@...

      see you all this saturday at the IRA swap...

      tom k8tb