FWD on behalf of KB8QAP -- A great day at the park!

  • W8DER
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 12:54 PM

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:[HARC] A great day at the park!
      Date:Mon, 28 May 2012 15:25:04 -0000
      From:kb8qap <kb8qap@...>
      To:k8daa@yahoogroups.com

      Thanks Everyone!

      Our 2012 Spring QRP IN THE PARK event & Fox Hunt was a huge success and it was nice to see many new faces out there and sharing the afternoon with us. If you missed this event, We hope you can make the next one. Keep watching this reflector for the summer QRP schedule.

      We certainly had a wide variety of antennas, rigs, and operating modes in play during the event and had some nice DX contacts to boot. As always our digital operators seem to have the edge when it came to working DX!

      Here is a short list of some of the stations worked by our VIGILANT QRP'ers for the event.

      9A3W
      S54K
      VE2SF
      G6MC
      M0BPQ
      TM51B
      NRX3
      OM7JG

      CV2JX
      IK6CVI
      F4GOJ
      EA2CP

      N7RKY
      IZ0PED

      Our fox hunting combo at the park proved to be a great success with many new hams trying it out for the very first time. Thanks to Mike W8DER and Tom K8TB for putting in the extra effort and setting up the hidden transmitters. It was Great fun!

      We want to thank all who donated extra food, soda, desserts, chips, hot dogs, buns, etc, and manning the grill, with out your help these events would not be possible.

      If you missed our QRP IN THE PARK, and would like to get out and operate in the field with Amateur Radio. Please Mark your calendars down for the ARRL FIELD DAY coming up on JUNE 23rd thru JUNE 24th. HARC will be participating in this National Event and will be operating remotely in field at the Ottawa County Fair Grounds!

      Please join us in this marathon of fun, and competitive nature of Field Day! We are still looking for guest operators, and I encourage
      you to bring others along who may be interested in ham radio to see what it is all about!

      Get out there and enjoy Amateur Radio!

      73 Thanks again,

      Jeff KB8QAP