CQ WPX Contest this weekend

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2012
      CQ WPX contest runs this weekend, from 0000Z Saturday to 2359Z Sunday
      (that's 8 p.m. EDT Friday to 8 p.m. EDT Sunday) Rules at
      http://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm

      This is an interesting contest in that you get multipliers for prefixes,
      and there are so many possible prefixes you hardly ever run out of new
      multipliers - even when you're a big gun! For example, KA5S, KB5S,
      KC5S, NA8W, KC8CWP, W8LRC, etc. would each be a new multiplier in your
      log. It's easy to wind up with 200 or more multipliers even with casual
      operation. Many countries have special event prefixes which boost the
      multiplier count. You get QSO points depending upon whether the
      contacts are within your own country, continent, or different continent.

      Try it, you may like it.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2014
        Actually, starts at 8 p.m. EDST (0000Z) tonight. Runs until 2359Z
        Sunday (7:59 p.m. EDST)

        Nice contest. One gets a multiplier for each unique prefix worked.
        And there are thousands of these prefixed here in the Untied States.
        Plus many foreign countries have special event type prefixes or optional
        prefixes which may be used for contests.

        Details and rules may be found at http://cqwpx.com/

        I'll be running with the "almost unique" prefix WQ8 as WQ8RP with my
        "mighty 5 watts to a wet noodle antenna." Look me up!

        A few folks have asked about getting 100 points for working me in the
        ARRL Centennial QSO party. If you find me as WQ8RP this weekend, just
        ask me to change to N8XX, and I'll do that in a flash! You can get a
        two-fer within minutes. :)