Gmail Tap using morse code-awesome (wink)

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
      From a contesting friend - Wow! maybe we'll have a new generation of
      cw ops coming from the young text messaging crowd!

      http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/introducing-gmail-tap.html
    • W8DER
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
        Hey guys, Hank has a good point!  At the least, it would be great cw sending practice.  I haven't checked out the application yet, but I assume that the Gmail Tap program displays the received code in text format.

        Get a cw buddy and you can practice exchanges for field day.  Life is good!

        Has anyone tried this with a computer instead of with an iphone.  As a retired ole man, I may never have a fancy internet phone, but I have an iPad 3 and lots of Windows Computers.

        Mike@...

        From a contesting friend - Wow! maybe we'll have a new generation of

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
            April Fool

            Jack, AB8ND

            From a contesting friend - Wow! maybe we'll have a new generation of

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
              Oh, ye of little faith!  For those who believe the Morse to G-Mail app was an April fool's joke, I found a plea from another well known person for just such and application.

              See http://tinyurl.com/7ylf5qv

              What will it take to convince the skeptical?

              73 de n8xx Hg

              On 4/2/2012 8:56 AM, Jack Kunnen wrote: April Fool

              Jack, AB8ND

              On Apr 1, 2012, at 8:06 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:

              From a contesting friend - Wow! maybe we'll have a new generation of
              cw ops coming from the young text messaging crowd!

              http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/introducing-gmail-tap.html

            • Jack Amelar
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
                I get it being April 1 and everything, but for someone with a fancier
                cell phone that I have, is this a real app that actually works?

                Jack NY8D

                ----- Message from n8xx@... ---------

                ----- End message from n8xx@... -----