Re: [GRARA] Anyone "know" N1MM?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2011
      Steve:

      You're missing one great feature of N1MM.  You may record "Wav FILES" for the CQ, the "Exchange" (except for the number, which you have to announce yourself and then hit "F2" (where the exchange file is stored), and then hit "RETURN" to Log the contact and send the wav file which is stored in "F3".

      At least 95% of the "talking" can be eliminated, let your computer do the talking, save your vocal chords.  All it takes is a couple audio cords, a switch box to change from your microphone input to you computer input for when you want to send data with your voice or with your computer.  You probably need an attenuator between the output of the computer and the microphone input, unless there's a "line" input on your rig.

      Since I don't operate much with SSB, I haven't set this feature up in N1MM, but the procedure is there, and I understand the rudiments of it.

      It's very similar to setting up PSK-31 or other digital modes which work through the audio in/out part of your rig.

      73 de n8xx Hg

      On 11/9/2011 12:53 AM, Steven Kaney wrote:
      Aha!  I see the problem right off - youre using CW!  When I use it on SSB I talk on the radio, I type on the keyboard.  Problem?  What problem?

      de N7MUT/1