REMEMBERING 911

  • pobox740
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2011
      COMMEMORATIVE EVENTS: REMEMBERING THE FIRST DECADE SINCE
      911

      This coming September 11th will be the 10th anniversary of
      the al-Queda backed terrorist attacks of September 11th of
      2001. These attacks felled the two World Trade Center tower
      buildings in New York City and damaged the Pentagon when
      radical Islamic extremists high-jacked four United States
      flag carrier jetliners and crashed them into the two
      structures. Over 3000 American citizens were killed as well
      as a number of foreign nationals who worked in the twin
      towers buildings.

      Over the years there have been several ham radio operations
      in remembrance of those whose lives were lost in this
      senseless and wanton carnage. With this being the first
      decade anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 tragedy, we
      here at the Amateur Radio Newsline are trying to compile a
      list of radio clubs and individual hams who are planning any
      form of amateur radio memorial operation to honor those
      whose lives were lost that day. If you have plans to
      commemorate 911, please drop us an e-mail to newsline at
      arnewsline dot org and let us know all of the details. We
      in turn will list as many as we can on our website at
      www.arnewsline.org.

      Those whose lives were lost on 911 deserve to be remembered.
      We will do our part by providing web-space to list ham radio
      commemorative activities. It's up to you to do the rest.
      (ARNewsline)