June VHF contest this coming weekend

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 12:37 PM
      Dig out those IC-706's, or try that 6M band daylight rigs and get on the
      air this weekend.

      The ARRL June VHF contest is coming. Starting 1800z June 11 through
      0300z June 13. Last year we had some of the best 6M Eskip propagation
      I've ever experienced in this contest. Some parts of the country also
      got a nice 2M Eskip opening as well. There we a handful MRRC'ers that
      made a few hundred contacts on 6, so let's hope we get great condx again
      this year.

      One of my fellow contesters sez he often can do meteor scatter.

      http://sites.google.com/site/wvfisher/H_DOUBLEBAY.doc

      http://sites.google.com/site/wvfisher/hdoublebay

      Try it, you may like it.
    • Steven Kaney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11 8:11 PM
        I was hoping to have some fun today but the day in CT started with quite pregnant clouds and it started drizzling about 1pm just before the contest started.  Too wet for radio in the park.  Tomorrow is likely to be just a little nicer.  I dont think the bands were all that good today either - I couldn't hear much from the apt.

        Question:  Is it OK to use both a Heil competition mic element AND the compression in the radio at the same time?

        de N7MUT