Re: [GRARA] Any N1MM experts out there? I need help again, please!

  • Rich Douglas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2011
      Hi Henry,

      To change modes, simply type what you want in the call sign box. CW gets you CW and SSB gets you USB or LSB depending on the band. One other thing, just entering the frequency in the call sign box will also change it on the transceiver and if set up correctly will also set the mode. I hope you have your transceiver interfaced. N1MM will also track your transceiver when you make adjustments there. Good luck in the contest. I wish I had the time.

      73,
      Rich Douglas, KC8NKA

      On 5/1/2011 9:06 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:

      Last year (I seem to recall) that I had N1MM set up to send CW, and to
      be able to log the New England, Indiana, and 7th Area QSO parties.
      Those QSO Parties are coming up next weak end, and I need to be ready.

      But, alas! I seem to have lost the details of how I did this.

      I plead incompetence, borderline senility, with a good touch of liddism.
      Who is the resident expert at setting up N1MM logging software who
      will help this dunce get things working again?

      I think I have the logging part set up correctly, but am cornfuzed as to
      how to change modes from CW to Phone and back again, and how to change
      bands, and how to get the keyboard keying set up. The home brew
      interface I have works fine with N3FJP software, so that shouldn't be a
      problemme..

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        Thanks, Rich:

        I'll hook up my keying circuit and try these various aspects of the N1MM software.  I'll probably operate only CW, unless sunspots are truly up and the ionosphere works much much better than this past weekend.  QRP and SSB doesn't work very well unless propagation is great!

        73 de n8xx Hg

        On 5/2/2011 9:02 AM, Rich Douglas wrote:
[...]

      • n8xxham
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2011
          Thanks to all who "told me where to go" for help with N1MM logging programme.

          I think I've all the info I need to run with the NE/IN/7QP's this week end.

          73 de n8xx Hg

          ----------------- Original Message follows -------------------