Posting from N1TUP [CTFoxhunter] Foxhunt Reminder

  • W8DER
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      Fox hunters,

       you may be interested in this posting by Paul Gibson, N1TUP, manager of the annual New Years Day Foxhunt near Manchester, Connecticut.   In the past, their New Years Day Hunts have been very successful.  You can see pictures of past hunts on their Yahoo Page at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ctfoxhunter/

      This is the group that first brought my attention to the "FoxBox" built into an ammo box.  They are also doing an interesting "2-week" hunt in the summer that we may try.

      Another interesting thing they are doing is having the fox transmit on the input frequency of their local repeater.  That way it is easy for everyone to listen-in and follow the hunt.  (Good PR for the next time.)

      The following is their posting about tomorrow's Annual New Years Day Hunt.  Paul is very helpful in promoting out fox hunting efforts.  I am sure he would answer any questions you have.