70cm Beam advice needed

  • Charles Rich
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      As most of you know, I lost a few antennas in  last weeks winds.  I have a 70cm beam that I hope someone can identify.

      It is (was) 19 elements consisting of 1/8" rod elements held in place by what
      I will call reverse lock washers and a black ring on each side of the boom.

      The feed point (matching)  is a small loop (hairpin) grounded in the center to the mast.

      I am missing a piece of boom, probably 3' in length, with two elements, which I will probably have to make, so need the instructions or advice on what this will consist of, and dimensions.  I Am assuming that the total boom length would have been around 14 feet.

      It does not seem to conform to the Cushcraft specs I find on the web, although that's what I always thought it was.

      I bought it used, thus no info was included.

      I would like to borrow a manual long enough to make a copy, if possible

      What'cha think...??

      Thanx

      Chuck, W8GCW

      CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM