Honda Generator Sale

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2010

      I received an ad from Weingartz "everything from lawn to snow" which has a 2.5 KW Honda generator on sale for $677.

      The ad sez the retail value is >$1000.  From what I've seen Hondas are like Timex, the take a beating and keep on ticking.

      Note it's not a "super quiet" one - the super quiet 2 KW version is priced at $1000, which seems to be the regular price.

      The brochure sez Weingartz is in Cedar Springs (near me), Farmington Hills, Utica, and Clarkston.

      Note I have zero financial connection with Weingartz or Honda, just passing on info.

      73 de n8xx Hg

      p.s. If anyone knows of one of the itty bitty 350 watt Honda generators which is languishing in someone's garage gathering dust, please advise.  This would be a great addition to my QRP "camping" collection. They were made in the 60's and early 70's, but were dropped in favor of a 1KW version which is a bit big and heavy for my use.