CQ OQP CQ OQP, OHIO QSO PARTY IS NEAR - AUGUST 28!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2010
      The following is paraphrased from a good friend from Ohio - and an
      invitation to all Michigan Station to join in the fun of the Ohio QSO
      Party, August 29. Note that I plan to be operating from my namesake
      county, HENRy County, Ohio, from a park in McClure, Ohio. Please look
      for N8Q on both SSB and CW!

      =================

      Please mark your calendars for August 29! The Ohio QSO Party (OhQP) is
      just 5 weeks away, and the excitement is already building. Stations from
      across Ohio are making their plans to be on the air for one of the
      premier state QSO parties. Our goal is to get fixed operations on from
      every county this year. If you are planning on being on, please let
      everyone know by posting your county of operation on the "Planned
      Operations" website at http://ohqp.org/plannedOpsEntry.html

      For those who don't know what the OhQP is all about, it's a fun time for
      Ohio stations to be on the air and be the hunted station, or "DX". We
      invite people from around the world. like our neighbors in Michigan to
      seek out Ohio stations in this event. The OhQP occurs on Saturday
      August 28, 2010 from local noon to local midnight, or 1600Z to 2359Z.
      In the basic QSO exchange, Ohio stations send a consecutive serial
      number + county, and non-Ohioans (who can only work Ohio) send a
      consecutive serial number and state/province/DX. Suggested frequencies
      are: CW: 3545, 7045, 14,045, 21,045, 28,045 kHz; SSB 3825, 7200,
      14,250, 21,300, and 28,450 kHz. Full details and an OhQP operating
      guide can be found on the official website at: http://www.ohqp.org/.

      If you are one of the "close" neighbors, why not "drift across the state
      line" and operate fixed or mobile from some of the adjacent counties?
      But, in above all, remember, the ultimate goal is to just get on the air
      and have some fun!

      73 and we hope to hear you on the air,

      Kenny K2KW Ohio QSO Party PR Coordinator kenny.k2kw@...