North Bass Island on the Air - July 24, 25

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:North Bass Island on the Air
      Date:Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:22:47 -0400
      From:Jack Melke <triton48@...>

      Gang this is a unique opportunity the Massillon Amateur Radio Club is going to put North Bass Island on the air as the newest US Island.

      They need to log at least 25 contacts on several bands and modes to earn their official designation of OH0006L.

      The expedition call is N8B and will operating CW on 3.530, 7.025, 14.040, 21.040, SSB 7.250, 14.250, 28.450 from 1200 Z July 24, 2010, to 1600 Z July 25, 2010

      For more info check out these pages http://www.north-bass-island.com or www.w8np.org .

      Imagine being one of the handful of operators that will be in the first group of 25 and help them earn their island designator.

      73

      Jack KM8N

      From w8np.org

      Island On The Air Special Event

      (Apr 2, 2010) --  On July 23, 2010 the Massillon Amateur Radio Club will depart on their first expedition that will take them to North Bass Island. The club will setup world wide radio communications and attempt to qualify this island for U.S. Islands Award Program. This expedition will coincide with I.O.T.A (Saltwater Islands). North Bass Island will be the home for some 15 amateur radio operators who will on July 24th begin on-the-air operations commencing at 1200 UTC until July 25th at 1600 UTC. During our adventure we will attempt to make as many world wide contacts on many different frequencies and modes.

      The wheels are still in motion in their quest to qualify the island for the U.S. Islands Award Program. The MARC is sponsoring the event by providing some equipment and a special event call sign has been issued as N8B. Club members can help too. They are seeking donations to help defray the cost of the expedition. No donation is too small and all are welcome. If you would like to donate please make a check payable to MARC and send it to Tom Phelps, WD8MBE, Attn N8B. 235 Leonard Avenue NW, Massillon, OH 44646.

      They also have a website setup at www.north-bass-island.com  You can also download a flyer of the event by clicking here.