2478Re: [GRARA] Just Worked W1AW/4

    Jan 7, 2014
      Hi, Bob!  Thanks for the note.

      Yep, look for W1AW/8 (which will be W8DC in disguise) on 20 and 75 phone on 19 February 2014 between about 7 p.m and about 10 p.m. eastern time  (pending acceptance by AA8R for the times and modes).  That's 0000Z to about 0300Z 20 February 2014 in UTC.   If 20 stays open, we should be able to work you there.  Not sure about 75, because of the usual noise level from all the RFI in the neighborhood.

      I hope a few more GRARA members will take the bait and operate from their home stations.  It's no big deal - operate at one's own pace, with one's own station, and at a time and mode convenient.

      p.s. Today the weather is quite balmy.  Low as -7.2 °F on my thermometer, last time I checked it was above -5 °F,  and THE SUN IS SHINING!  I had to get used to seeing the sun, because it has been all but non existent for three or four days. :)

      On 1/7/2014 10:16 AM, RMoe@... wrote:
      Is W8DC taking part as a W1AW/8 station this year?

      In a message dated 1/6/2014 10:17:24 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, n8xx@... writes:

      W1AW/4 about 0351Z on 3526 KHz. They were on 7027 as well, but I heard
      them loud and clear. Was it K4RO? He knew me. I didn't take time to
      ask who was op.

      W1AW/8 wasn't on. Kept monitoring, but got interested in the BCS
      football game and missed them on 1817 KHz. Will look for them tomorrow,
      hope they can muster some RF before 0000Z Wenesday when their stint is
      over. I'm sure I didn't try hard enough to snag them - they were on 80
      quite often, which is usually a sn*p from Michigan.