2473Re: [GRARA] GRARA Extra Class License Training -- What book to buy?

  • Mike W8DER
    Jan 3, 2014
      Al, glad to hear you are going to take the Extra license class. If I
      were you, I would order the book from Amazon.com and you will have it in
      a couple of days and cheap. Since it is so fast, you might want to wait
      until after the first class to see what books the other guys are using
      and what book is best for you.

      You will need a book for home study, not necessarily for class
      participation. Tom has a great overhead presentation for class discussion.

      The ARRL Extra License Manual and the Gordon West manual seem to be the
      most popular books as I remember. Both are available from Amazon along
      with CD's etc. Don't get carried-away, there are good sites for
      practice on the web, as Tom will explain.

      Mike

      On 1/3/2014 9:56 AM, Al Pineiro wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > I' d like to take the Extra class. Are there books available locally?
      > Might be a bit late to send away for it.
      >
      > Al Pineiro
      > KC8OPU

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic