2447Re: [GRARA] Any chit chat about W8DC for SSB Sweepsteaks?

  • Tom Hansen
    Nov 18, 2013

      Yes, Dustin instigated the opening of the radio room (good for him).
      and we knocked out 60 contacts together Saturday evening and later on Sunday afternoon I went back and did a few more (32).

      I used the Heil boom mic/head phones with 100 watts no problems reaching the desired station.
      The O.C.F. dipole worked well on 20 and 40 M with no tuner needed.
      Match on 15 M was 3:1 so tuner is good idea, 10M was better about 1.7:1 match.
      Never made it to 80 M so I just don't know... yet.

      Lot's of info exchanged over the air and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to move the shack PC over jist a bit to
      allow the operator and logger a better operating post.

      I'm going to submit the log to arrl.
      How did you do?

      Tom n8dgd

      On Monday, November 11, 2013 8:47 PM, Hank Greeb <n8xx@...> wrote:

      I can't make it for the upcoming SSB Sweepsteaks event (A family event is keeping me from jabbering away via SSB at that time), but this could be an excellent time to test the new antennae @ W8DC.  The contest runs from  2100 UTC Saturday, November 16 and ends at 0259 UTC Monday November 18,2013.  That's Saturday 4 p.m. EST Saturday to 9:59 p.m. EST Sunday.  One may operate up to 24 hours during this period.

      How about it?  Any volunteers?  Let Tom, N8DGD know (I'll be unavailable, so please don't contact me).  Tom's address is 1n8dgd@...