242Re: Pod Radio Housing

  • KD8AZM
    Jun 2, 2008
      Joe, I hope you're not planning on bolting the pod box to the left back
      desk, near the newest, silver Dell computer area, we quite often use
      that desk for soldering projects, as table space is already at a
      premium... I own a brand new Ramset gun and 22 cal. studs, suitable for
      masonry installation. Don't you think it would be more secure to mount
      the box to a wall, rather then the desk? If it was on the wall, it
      wouldn't be in the way for soldering projects, yet still be both quickly
      accessible and secure in the room, so no one could walk off with the
      entire p0d. Just a suggestion...Gary / KD8AZM

      --- In GRARA@yahoogroups.com, wd8usa@... wrote:

      > The box to secure the pod radios has been stained by Jim KD8CAN and
      ready for
      > installation. I would like to do this at open radio room on Wednesday.
      We
      > need a drill and bits, mounting self taping metal and wood screws and
      a tool kit.
      > In addition to mounting the radios in the wooden box we need to bolt
      it to
      > the desk. Then this project is a done deal! Thanks in advance for the
      help on
      > Wednesday night! DE WD8USA ...-.-
      > OH! by the way a formal thank you letter is on it's way to the club
      from the
      > Red Cross brain trust for all the help given the department of Radio
      Comm's.