Re: RE: Re: Logic and GR-33

  • Zeek Duff
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
      On 7/1/03 10:02 AM, "GR-30@yahoogroups.com" <GR-30@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]

      Ditto Davor; Mac = no viruses, period. Also, I use Logic Audio Platinum
      4.8.1 on an old beige G3 w/G4 upgrade ZIF (yes, Macs CAN be upgraded) and
      setting up an environment for my GR-30 was a 5 minute job. I haven't used
      the GR-33 with it yet (only had it a few weeks), but it should fit right in.
      I also have SoundDiver 3, but haven't set it up for the GRs. They just
      aren't complex enough to really warrant it, not like the XP-80 keyboard or
      XV-5080 module. However, those are so adept onboard, I just don't bother
      with them in SD anymore, either. The XV's "patch finder" and the way the
      libraries are laid out onboard make it a piece of cake to program and set up
      Performances. Using a GR with any of the top sequencer/audio programs
      should be a simple proposition, "plug and play," as it were. :)

      Best regards,
      ...z

      When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane...

      Zeek Duff's CDs and mp3 downloads
      NEW! in progress <http://www.zeekduff.com>
      Fingerstyle Jazz Guitar From Beautiful Colorado
    • Dr Kevin Bowman
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- Zeek Duff <zeek@...> wrote:
        > Ditto Davor; Mac = no viruses, period. Also, I use
        > Logic Audio Platinum
        > 4.8.1 on an old beige G3 w/G4 upgrade ZIF (yes, Macs
        > CAN be upgraded) and
        > setting up an environment for my GR-30 was a 5
        > minute job. I haven't used
        > the GR-33 with it yet (only had it a few weeks), but
        > it should fit right in.

        Even though it was a 5 minute job, could you tell me
        how you set up the environment for the GR-30 (I have a
        GR-33)? I'm a newbie at logic (I have logic 6). I'm
        assuming there is a way to program the environment
        such that all of the default names for the sounds show
        up in logic.

        Thanks!

        Kevin
      • Zeek Duff
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2003
          On 7/2/03 8:50 AM, "GR-30@yahoogroups.com" <GR-30@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]

          Well, I guess that statement may have been a bit misleading, and I apologize
          for that. You DO need to be familiar with Logic to do it that quickly.
          However, set your GR to mono mode and hook it up and see what Logic sees.
          You'll need to consult the Logic Bible to get your routing straight, and it
          depends upon a few things that may be unique to your rig, such as whether or
          not you're using OMS, and/or FreeMIDI, and your type of MIDI interface.
          But, once it's IN, you should be able to proceed quickly from there to
          seeing everything.

          You might check Len Sasso's site to see if he already has an environment
          created for the GR <www.Swiftkick.com> and by all means, join the LUG (Logic
          Users Group) here on yahoogroups, if you haven't already done so. Check the
          archives there, and you might find everything else you need already written
          out for you. If not, Len and many others are on the LUG and are very
          knowledgeable and helpful, and there are still a couple of eMagic developers
          that hang out there and answer questions from time to time if you run into a
          real snag.

          Hope that's a bit more helpful. :)

          Best regards,
          ...z

          Health nuts are going to feel real stupid someday,
          lying in hospitals dying of nothing...