Re: [vg-8] VG-88 vs GR-33

  • Davor Pavuna
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      > , but what are the major diffs between the VG and the GR?

      I use both and the difference is VERY CLEAR, crudely speaking:

      GR-33 will:

      give you all colorful sounds that normally midi-keyboard player
      produces: trompet, organ, sax, bass, various synths, even drums ...
      these are not the best sounds in the midi universe but usable.

      So I use it in my live jazz-blues-latino band to add color to a band
      (the pianist has no money to buy a decent Keyboard and expansions ... )

      ... GR-33 is NO GOOD for any truly guitar sounds.

      VG-88 is:

      the best sounding amp simulator, THE only (and best) artificial guitar creator
      and an outstanding guitar-tone-shaping and pre-amp unit FOR 13pin GUITARs.

      It is VERY lousy sounding when it comes to any synth or non-guitar sounds -
      NO GOOD for any intrinsic keyboard-based or best MIDI-sounds.

      I use it for recording of ANY guitar sounds and may eventually use it
      live as a universal guitar / amp / guitar tone shaping device on stage ...

      Good luck,

      Davor