Re: [GR-30] Connecting GR-30 to another synth

  • Nancylukes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      Michael

      As Vincent states, I also switch the GR-30 to the Poly mode to use with a Roland JV 2080. With mono mode, I also could only get the 1 sound per string. From reading many articles, it seems like they always mention to use Mono mode on a gtr synth, however how that would work with a sound module to hear all strings at once, I haven't figured out. (Or maybe it is not possible).??

      Nancy
    • ViGi
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        No it should be possible but all strings should be on the same channel (ex. channel one) or the sound module should be on OMNI on which means it receives from all midi channels...

        Roger
        P.S.: Dad's name is Vincent! (He's the guitar player, his nick name when he was playing as a profession was Vincent Gibson cause he tended to play Gibson as he tends too nowadays - newest guitar is an L5!!!!!!!! Now I'm only missing a Hammond B3 to match him!)
        As Vincent states, I also switch the GR-30 to the Poly mode to use with a Roland JV 2080. With mono mode, I also could only get the 1 sound per string. From reading many articles, it seems like they always mention to use Mono mode on a gtr synth, however how that would work with a sound module to hear all strings at once, I haven't figured out. (Or maybe it is not possible).??

        Nancy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        The GR-30 mailing list is maintained by Joey Aguilera
        http://www.gr-30.com/

        for info: arkham@...
        to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
        to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com
        to set normal GR-30-normal@yahoogroups.com

      • gil3hooley
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2002
          All:

          For what it's worth, I've struggled with getting my GR33 to work
          smoothly with a JV2080. Best results to date are Mono with Channel
          11 as the base (11 - 16 are strings 1-6), send these into a single
          midi sequencer track then into the synth on program 11 - 16. Be sure
          to match the bend settings on both GR and synth, and I'm pretty sure
          the solo and legato setings have an effect, but I'm not sure how to
          set them. These bend and legato settings are by patch, so I've
          started from a simple steel string guitar patch (not GM). I've
          actually gotten the rig to respond beautifully in real time, but I
          still have to fumble and stumble into the right settings. So now I'm
          learning how to save the setup through Sound Diver so I can trap the
          bugger next time I get it right. All in all a humbling experience.

          If there's an expert out there who knows how to do this GR-33 to JV-
          2080 setup right the first time and every time, I'd sure like to
          know the formula.

          GilHooley

          --- In GR-30@y..., "ViGi" <vincentgibson46@y...> wrote:
          > No it should be possible but all strings should be on the same
          channel (ex. channel one) or the sound module should be on OMNI on
          which means it receives from all midi channels...

          > Roger
          > P.S.: Dad's name is Vincent! (He's the guitar player, his nick
          name when he was playing as a profession was Vincent Gibson cause he
          tended to play Gibson as he tends too nowadays - newest guitar is an
          L5!!!!!!!! Now I'm only missing a Hammond B3 to match him!)

          Service.