Change to your yahoo.com preferences

  • Zeek Duff
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi folks,
      I'm sending this to everyone I think might be using yahoo.com for
      whatever reason and advising you that if you don't want a LOT of SPAM
      email, log in to yahoo.com and change your marketing preferences. Some
      of you may have seen this already and if so, I apologize for the
      duplicate effort. But, I'd rather see this a few times than get a slew
      of SPAM.

      We've just discovered some unfortunate information regarding Yahoo
      Groups. They have implemented changes to your Marketing Preferences page
      where you control what kind(s) of advertising that is sent to you.
      Here's the unfortunate part: Yahoo, in all of its marketing wisdom, has
      reset all of YOUR options to "Yes." That means that unless you change
      your preferences, you can expect to receive a lot of unwanted junk.

      The Yahoo Help section has more information and a link to the "Marketing
      Preferences" Page: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/privacy/privacy-23.html

      If you don't want to be inundated with even more SPAM, you might want to
      change those preferences to "No," ASAP.

      Regards,
      ...z

      BCC: Everyone I know...

      Law of Probability Dispersal:
      Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

      -- Zeek Duff's-CDs-OMNIVORE-(Parts 1 & 2)-*NEW*-SpringTime-*-Zeek Duff
      Omnivore Collection-*
      http://artists.mp3s.com/Zeek_Duff or if preferred dld at
      http://www.ampcast.com/ZeekDuff

    • Frederic Preffer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
        thanks!..

        f preffer

        At 11:06 AM 4/1/02 -0700, you wrote:
        >Hi folks,
        >I'm sending this to everyone I think might be using yahoo.com for
        >whatever reason and advising you that if you don't want a LOT of SPAM
        >email, log in to yahoo.com and change your marketing preferences. Some
        >of you may have seen this already and if so, I apologize for the
        >duplicate effort. But, I'd rather see this a few times than get a slew
        >of SPAM.
        >
        >We've just discovered some unfortunate information regarding Yahoo
        >Groups. They have implemented changes to your Marketing Preferences page
        >where you control what kind(s) of advertising that is sent to you.
        >Here's the unfortunate part: Yahoo, in all of its marketing wisdom, has
        >reset all of YOUR options to "Yes." That means that unless you change
        >your preferences, you can expect to receive a lot of unwanted junk.
        >
        >The Yahoo Help section has more information and a link to the "Marketing
        >Preferences" Page: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/privacy/privacy-23.html
        >
        >If you don't want to be inundated with even more SPAM, you might want to
        >change those preferences to "No," ASAP.
        >
        >Regards,
        >...z
        >
        >BCC: Everyone I know...
        >

        >Law of Probability Dispersal:
        >Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
        >
        >-- Zeek Duff's-CDs-OMNIVORE-(Parts 1 & 2)-*NEW*-SpringTime-*-Zeek Duff
        >Omnivore Collection-*
        >http://artists.mp3s.com/Zeek_Duff or if preferred dld at
        >http://www.ampcast.com/ZeekDuff

        >The GR-30 mailing list is maintained by Joey Aguilera
        >http://www.gr-30.com/
        >
        >for info: arkham@...
        >to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
        >to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com