String Guage and Tracking.......

  • Lucidology@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2001
      There's no doubt about it...I have documentation to prove it from collecting
      years of articles written about the best way to track Git Synth..that lighter
      gauge strings track better.

      Holdsworth used to use 3 gauge 8 strings for his top strings when he was
      using a Synth.......and most of the other Guitarists have used as light as
      they could tolerate. Plus, with my own experience of using a GK-2 pickup
      since the early nineties, I've found this to be true time after
      time...........it makes an incredible "blow-mind" difference in one's playing
      when this is realized.....

      The stiffer the string the less it vibrates.....resulting in less response...