Re: Piezo pickups

  • Joey Aguilera
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 1999
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Lee Harris <guitar13@...>
      To: <GR-30@onelist.com>
      Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 2:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [GR-30] Piezo pickups

      > From: "Lee Harris" <guitar13@...>
      >
      > What the hell are y'all talk'n bout? Godin? I'm on the Northwest coast.
      > Aint never heard of dat Godin shit!

      http://www.lasido.com/index.html
    • Neil Porter
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27, 1999
        From: Lee Harris <guitar13@...>
        >Aint never heard of dat Godin shit!
        They're Canadian and really good quality. I'm very happy
        with my LGT.
      • Lee Harris
        Message 3 of 10 , May 27, 2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
            Can I buy a floyd rose Tremolo with piezo/pitch-to-midi pickups to put in my
            guitar?

          • Ryan, David
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
              >Can I buy a floyd rose Tremolo with piezo/pitch-to-midi pickups to put in
              my guitar?

              So far only Ibanez offers Floyd style trems with piezos built in.

              Since I already own several guitars with floyds (that I love) replacement
              saddles to retrofit my existing guitars would be ideal if somebody offered
              them. This would be especially useful to me since I am left handed. Our
              selection is much more limited than the right handed world, especially if
              you are on a budget.

              This electronic mail transmission including any and all attachments may
              contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s)
              named. Any use, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
              prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the
              sender via e-mail.
            • Erick
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
                i´m lefty also.
                What about midi and piezo? how does this work?

                >>Can I buy a floyd rose Tremolo with piezo/pitch-to-midi pickups to put in
                > my guitar?
                >
                > So far only Ibanez offers Floyd style trems with piezos built in.
                >
                > Since I already own several guitars with floyds (that I love) replacement
                > saddles to retrofit my existing guitars would be ideal if somebody offered
                > them. This would be especially useful to me since I am left handed. Our
                > selection is much more limited than the right handed world, especially if
                > you are on a budget.
                >
                > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                > This electronic mail transmission including any and all attachments may
                > contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s)
                > named. Any use, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
                > prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the
                > sender via e-mail.
                >
                > for info: gr-30-owner@yahoogroups.com
                > to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
                > to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com
                > to set normal GR-30-normal@yahoogroups.com
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > --

              • Jonathan
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 12, 2005
                  > > So far only Ibanez offers Floyd style trems with piezos built in.
                  > >
                  > > Since I already own several guitars with floyds (that I love)
                  > > replacement
                  > > saddles to retrofit my existing guitars would be ideal if
                  > > somebody offered them.

                  I have pics of my Ibanez with Peizo's in the Photo's
                  section/Jonathan. They work great with the GR-20 and GI-20.

                  BTW, Graph Tech will be releasing Floyd Saddles for their Ghost
                  System in July 2005. They are presently releasing their String
                  Savers for the Floyd Saddles, and Should be releasing the Peizo
                  versions by the end of July. I assume they are only retro-fits
                  for "Original Floyd Pro" systems and not necessarily for
                  any "licensed" systems. In addition, you would need the Ghost
                  Hexpander Module, (which comes with the 13 pin socket and plate),
                  and 2 switches, (one for mix, one for the S1/S2 selections), which
                  connect easily with snap in connectors.
                  You could also add the Acoustic preamp, (another snap in), to add
                  the acoustic sound to the normal and synth tones.

                  Their web site is a little outdated, but check it out.

                  www.Graphtech.com