Fw: Midi retur

  • Joey Aguilera
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bendz Audio Design <bendz@...>
      To: GR-30-owner@onelist.com <GR-30-owner@onelist.com>
      Date: Friday, April 02, 1999 9:23 PM
      Subject: Midi retur

      Hi

      Does anybody have any expierence, in using the Gr 30 in multirec. midi session. It appears, that i can only recive 1 sound(send) While trying to record say 5 different. That can't be true ai. I use Vst 3,65 and a Layla card with midi in-out-through function, and a fender for this purpose.
      If you know something that i don't, please don't hesitate to mail me

      Regards
      S�ren (new at midi guitar recording) Bendz
    • Gordon O'Connell
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 1999
        You wrote:

        > -----Original Message-----From: Bendz Audio Design
        ><bendz@...>To: <mailto:GR-30-owner@onelist.com>
        >GR-30-owner@onelist.com <GR-30-owner@onelist.com>Date: Friday, April 02,
        >1999 9:23 PMSubject: Midi retur Hi Does anybody have any expierence, in
        >using the Gr 30 in multirec. midi session. It appears, that i can only
        >recive 1 sound(send) While trying to record say 5 different. That can't
        >be true ai. I use Vst 3,65 and a Layla card with midi in-out-through
        >function, and a fender for this purpose. If you know something that i
        >don't, please don't hesitate to mail me Regards S�ren (new at midi
        >guitar recording) Bendz

        My thoughts
        Soren, the sad news is that the GR-30 is NOT multitimbral. It can only
        recieve on one midi channel, and play one part at a time. I called Roland
        directly about this, and they confirmed this information. As they put it,
        "of course we could have made it multitimbral (capable of recieving on all
        16 midi channels). But it would have added another $1,000 (US) to the
        price tag.
        My advice- buy a module to sequence with. Input the information
        with your GR-30. I've had great success with a Yamaha MU-50 and a Mac 6116.
        Good luck.
        Gordon