guaging interest in GR-30 librarian

  • Scott Russell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 9:22 AM
      I've looked at the GR-30 lib files (*.G30) that are produced by GR-30 Edit and they seem pretty
      straight forward. One caveat is that I'm not sure how complex the patches are that I have. If they
      are as simple as they seem, it shouldn't be a big deal to whip up a basic bank librarian in Java.
      Attached is a real quick rough cut at an GUI for it.

      What I'm looking for is to see if those in the group would be interested in such a utility. (I'd be
      freeware of course) And second, I'd like as many links to GR-30 libs as possible to check to make
      sure they are the same format. If you want to send you own GR-30 lib that'd be fine, but please do
      it privately so we don't fill up the list. Thanks in advance.

      Scott
    • Scott Russell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 9:24 AM
        oops, forgot the jpeg...

        Scott Russell wrote:

        > I've looked at the GR-30 lib files (*.G30) that are produced by GR-30 Edit and they seem pretty
        > straight forward. One caveat is that I'm not sure how complex the patches are that I have. If they
        > are as simple as they seem, it shouldn't be a big deal to whip up a basic bank librarian in Java.
        > Attached is a real quick rough cut at an GUI for it.
        >
        > What I'm looking for is to see if those in the group would be interested in such a utility. (I'd be
        > freeware of course) And second, I'd like as many links to GR-30 libs as possible to check to make
        > sure they are the same format. If you want to send you own GR-30 lib that'd be fine, but please do
        > it privately so we don't fill up the list. Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Scott

      • Doug Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1 9:49 AM
          I'm interested if its a Macintosh application. There was not a jpeg attached
          to your message though. I'd like to see what you have in mind.

          ______________________________________
          Doug Miller
          Illustrator/graphic designer
          http://home.columbus.rr.com/dougmiller

          Website updated 6/28/00, check it out!

          > Attached is a real quick rough cut at an GUI for it.
          >
          > What I'm looking for is to see if those in the group would be interested in
          > such a utility.
        • Stephen Szajna
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1 11:54 PM
            Put me down as one more party interested in a Mac version.

            SteveSZ

            > From: Doug Miller <dmiller3@...>
            > Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 12:49:05 -0400
            > To: <GR-30@egroups.com>
            > Subject: [GR-30] Re: guaging interest in GR-30 librarian
            >

            > I'm interested if its a Macintosh application. There was not a jpeg attached
            > to your message though. I'd like to see what you have in mind.
            >
            > ______________________________________
            > Doug Miller
            > Illustrator/graphic designer
            > http://home.columbus.rr.com/dougmiller
            >
            > Website updated 6/28/00, check it out!
            >
            >> Attached is a real quick rough cut at an GUI for it.
            >>
            >> What I'm looking for is to see if those in the group would be interested in
            >> such a utility.

          • Alexis Aiosa
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2 9:42 AM
              Scott,

              >I've looked at the GR-30 lib files (*.G30) that are produced by GR-30 Edit
              >and they seem pretty
              >straight forward. One caveat is that I'm not sure how complex the patches
              >are that I have. If they
              >are as simple as they seem, it shouldn't be a big deal to whip up a basic
              >bank librarian in Java.

              I am totally interested in what your are doing...I have Mac as well.
              However, regarding the Mac and Java, currently...It seems that the Java
              programmers at my work do some testing on Mac side (well really, my Mac). I
              have heard words thrown around that it is either the Class file or Kernel
              that is not as advanced as the PC. I believe, which ever one it is...It is
              version 1.2. If you need me to, I can always ask them what the status is on
              the Mac...if it will help. By the way, have done anything with Swing yet,
              pretty cool. And, you gotta love those java beans.

              By the way, does anybody know what the extension is for the GR-30 Editors
              files. In case I would like to share a patch library with Pentium heads.

              Peace,┬Ľ
              Alexis Vincent Aiosa
              http://www.loop.com/~avaiosa
              mailto:avaiosa@...
              or
              aiosa9@...

              My website is featured at:
              http://www.beatnik.com
              Click on "Sonified Showcases" and scroll to "Homesteaders".
            • Ralf Hohagen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 9 3:29 AM
                Hey, lets work together ;-) Anyone having libs (for gr30 editor) PLEASE send
                em 2 me private. I'll make a homepage to offer them. hohral@...
                TKS!

                -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----