Re: [GR-30] Touchstyle Instruments and the GR-30/GR-33

  • Steve Burnett
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 2:23 PM
      On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Michael wrote:

      > From: Michael <michael@...>
      >
      > Steve,
      >
      > I can't get my low E and A strings to respond quick enough. I have had the GR-30
      > since the day it came out. I have spoken with Roland and they can't offer any
      > advise as to make things more "real-time". My question is since you have heavier
      > strings than I have on my Gibson SG, how is your attack response?

      Apologies for the delay in responding, but I needed to carve time out of
      my schedule and test the problem: I'm normally using the 2-4th strings on
      the Roland side of my Grand Stick, and rarely if ever touch the two lowest
      strings on that half of the Stick.

      My attack response is actually pretty good generally speaking, and my
      GR-30 is factory stock purchased in January of this year: I've been too
      busy switching between patches to yet get around to modifying any of the
      settings.

      I wish I could offer advice to you on improving the GR-30's attack, but
      it's not a problem for me. Admittedly, I have a lethargic approach to
      playing and never ever come close to blazing riffs, so while the GR-30 may
      have response issues, I'm not fast enough to max out the machine's
      capacity.

      regards,
      Steve
      Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett@...