RE: [GR-30] GR-33 editor in Windows 8

  • Ken Coughlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2013
      Hi Pepe,

      I don't know if it will work, but you can try running the software in XP
      emulation mode. The problem is probably that the DLL's Grapelight uses are
      obsolete and no longer supported on Win 8.

      Thanks,
      Ken

      "I'm neither LEFT nor RIGHT, I'm in the MIDI."

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2013
        I agree to first try running the editor in XP mode. Of that does not work though...

        You might try using an old xp machine, which is the generation of the editor software.

        Or, you could install an Ubuntu virtual machine and run the editor in WINE, all on your new Win 8 box.

        --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Pepe Blanes" <diazv4@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I just upgraded my computer to a brand new machine, of course with Windows 8.
        >
        > Using a cheap USB to Midi cable, I connected the GR-33 to the computer, so far so good. Band in a Box can play through the GR-33 and also record from the MIDI interface.
        >
        > When I launch Grapelight, it complains about the connection. It can't read the patches from the GR-33, but it does send notes and/or patch changes.
        >
        > Same with the others I tried, they are useless for editing patches, but some communication works.
        >
        > My quick analysis is that the software interface for path retrieval/download isn't the same in Win8 as in XP and these old programs can't use it.
        >
        > Maybe the solution is come kind of emulation of old drivers in Win8.
        >
        > Does anyone have this problem and (preferably) have solved it??
        >
        > Thanks

      • gouge1lt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
          Hey there. I remember having to use a pc card with a joystick port and midi adapter because the USB - midi was too fast for the old hardware. That was in XP and may have been for a different application though. Just a thought. Lee.