GR-33 Patch Editor and Windows 7

  • Bergen W
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2012
      I've been using the gr-33 Visual Editor for years, and I love it! Now I
      have Windows 7 and I can't get the Visual Editor to work with it. I'm
      keeping an old laptop around with Windows XP on it just to use with the
      Visual Editor! I'd like to upgrade the laptop to Windows 7 also. Are
      there any gr-33 patch editors which actually work with Windows 7, or is
      there a way to make Visual Editor compatible with Windows 7?
    • tekrytor
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2012
        Have you tried right clicking on the app, select prerties, then compatibility? Set the compatability mode to XP and try that. I don't have a GR-33 any more, so cannot fully test it myself, sorry.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2012
          Correction:

          "select prerties" should read "select properties".

          --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "tekrytor" <tekrytor@...> wrote:

          > Have you tried right clicking on the app, select prerties, then compatibility? Set the compatability mode to XP and try that. I don't have a GR-33 any more, so cannot fully test it myself, sorry.
          >
          > --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Bergen W" <bergenwoods@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I've been using the gr-33 Visual Editor for years, and I love it! Now I
          > > have Windows 7 and I can't get the Visual Editor to work with it. I'm
          > > keeping an old laptop around with Windows XP on it just to use with the
          > > Visual Editor! I'd like to upgrade the laptop to Windows 7 also. Are
          > > there any gr-33 patch editors which actually work with Windows 7, or is
          > > there a way to make Visual Editor compatible with Windows 7?

        • Ken Coughlin
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2012
            Hi tekrytor,

            I was wondering what prerties were. See you back on VGF.

            Thanks,
            Ken

            "I'm neither LEFT nor RIGHT, I'm in the MIDI."

          • Jimi Photon
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 21, 2012
              *right click the shortcut, and at the bottom of the drop down menu, choose
              properties.
              look for compatibility mode...start with xp, then work your way back...if
              you have the proper runtimes, you should find something that
              works...there's compatibility modes going back to win 95

              good luck mate
              jimi
              *
              On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Ken Coughlin <ken@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi tekrytor,
              >
              > I was wondering what prerties were. See you back on VGF.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ken
              >
              > "I'm neither LEFT nor RIGHT, I'm in the MIDI."

              "another episode from my Twilight Zone dreams...."
              ~pinkjimiphoton

              "hatred breeds hatred, talk is cheap.
              let your hatred die, bury it six feet deep."
              ~Mark Easton

              "the takers get the honey,
              the givers sing the blues"
              ~Robin Trower