GK pickup on a banjo?

  • gspade66
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
      Anybody ever marry a GK pickup to a banjo? Successfully?

      Just curious and want to try, but don't want to waste any time or energy if it's a lost cause.

      Cheers,

      G.
    • LouieW
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
        --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "gspade66" <gspade66@...> wrote:

        > Anybody ever marry a GK pickup to a banjo? Successfully?
        >
        > Just curious and want to try, but don't want to waste any time or energy if it's a lost cause.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > G.

        I saw Bela Fleck on some PBS show. He had a GK on his banjo. I'm assuming if you get it near the bridge, calibrate all 5 strings, make the 6 silent... it should work.
      • Andy Citron
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
          I've seen Bela Fleck using a GR-33 I think. I'm guessing he must be using
          the pickup too.