GR-30 > rotary simulator > MIDI

  • louie_warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Ok... for about 10 years, I have been using the following signal path

      GR-30 > Behringer 1602 mixer > Rolls RP93S switcher > FOH board. It's
      worked great for everything except the organ patch. I set up the
      organ patch in an effects loop of the RP93S, so every time I select an
      organ patch, it kicks in a Digitech RPM-1 and I control the speed from
      a homemade foot switch that emulates the FS300 speed control function.
      This worked well, but would easily clip and give me that nasty
      digital distortion. This past weekend, I abandoned the RP93S and
      plugged the output of the Behringer directly into a Digitech Studio
      Quad. I have selected and tweaked the patch where it sounds pretty
      good. The one thing I have not been able to do is control the ramp up
      of the speed. As a work around, I have one patch on the GR-30 that
      brings up a slow speed and one right next to it that brings up the
      fast speed. Back when I did MIDI stuff frequently, I remember being
      able to control things like speed with MIDI control 11 or something...
      I wanted to use the expression pedal to control the speed, but can't
      figure it out from the manuals of the GR-30 and the Digitech. Has
      anyone done this? If so, what's the secret? Any help would be
      greatly appreciated. The Digitech forum is useless.