gr30 setup

  • poject1957
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2008
      Hi, I am fairly new to the gr30. What i need to know is can i use the
      returns to patch the gr30 as a effect loop ? i have one input on my amp
      and would like to control my guitar seperately from the gr30 by using
      my input on the guitar directly to my amp. please help
    • paulctorbert@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2008
        you might need a 13 pin send/return..... non-existant, just joking(bad joke i know)........

        i am really not sure what you are trying to achieve.....

        i would guess you run your 1/4" from the guitar into amp #1, then run the 13 pin cable from your GK or Piezo equipped guitar to the GR-30 and 1/4" out from the GR-30 to amp #2.....

        i have not tried running the GR-30 to an effects loop..... cant see why you need to.....

        be a little more specific as to what you want....

        peace
        paul

      • Steve Meiers
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2008
          The GR-30 has a "Guitar Out" and the "Returns" you can use for returning effects output from your guitar, or a mixer, or anything else, back into the GR for inclusion with the guitar synth sounds... for example. There are probably other ways to use it of course. I do mine like this using a multi-FX unit in the loop and use the whole mix into the mixer (no amp) usually.

        • Peter Harris
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
            Yeeaahhhh, but I get the feeling that was not the original question...

            ..in my case I do as has been suggested by 'looping' in my Boss GT5 so
            that I can use its pleasantries (I'm sure that IS an appropriate term)
            when just going "guitar" and not "synth" but my interpretation of the
            enquiry was whether the you could do all this 'in reverse' with the
            GR-30 'looped' into the regular guitar line...so its effects could be
            somehow added to an axe plugged in with a 1/4 phono plug.

            ...in that case my answer would be an emphatic "NO"....at least as far
            as I understand it all :-)

            ...no synth pickup, no synth sounds...

            ...or as Hillary would have said, ".........No McSynth!"

            Gumbo in Ozbo
          • poject@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
              Indeed as I hoped to explain it was the question...Thank you very much for
              your thesis on the subject lol.....

              deal here.