Atlanta GA area recommendations

  • Kevin Haller
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2008
      This is going out mostly to Moonie, but any other responses are welcome.

      I recently bought a used Fender Strat, and am looking into options
      for "Synth Access" (as Godin puts it). Anyone know of a good Luthier/
      guitar tech in Atlanta that can install an appropriate pickup system.

      And just to beat the dead horse once more, which system is preferred,
      Shadow or RMC???

      How much can I expect to pay for the system, and the modification/
      installation to my guitar?

      Thank you,
      Kevin Haller
      aka
      Killer Haven, burning artist

      The Burning Artist(s) Sale artists:
      http://www.myspace.com/burningartistssale
      http://www.myspace.com/killerhavenatlanta
      http://www.myspace.com/killerhavensdissent
      http://www.myspace.com/kloveburn
      http://www.myspace.com/kvpop
      http://www.myspace.com/khover

      Burning Artist also administrates for
      http://www.myspace.com/openimprov
      http://www.myspace.com/gfeatlanta
      http://myspace.com/amalgamatedcliffdivers
      http://myspace.com/21stcenturydisk
      http://www.myspace.com/mastercow85
      http://www.myspace.com/86atlanta

      You can visit Killer Haven's homepage at
      http://home.comcast.net/~kvtv177
      or visit his blogspot at
      http://killerhaven.blogspot.com

    • Joseph DeMers
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2008
        Actually,

        There are options from both roland and axon to easily mount a hex pickup on a strat. There are options that can be done with no modification to your guitar, although I prefer to drill the 2 holes needed to mount the pickup. Check out the kits online or at your local music store. They are pretty complete and have basic if not poorly translated instructions.

        If you go the pro-install you can still use the kits and for a pro it shouldn't be too much more than a full set up and maybe an hour more. You could also go full internal install but that would permanently mod your guitar and cost more too, albeit with a better look than the reversible kits.

        Good luck and enjoy!
        Joe

        To: GR-30@yahoogroups.comFrom: KVTV177@...: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:13:45 -0400Subject: [GR-30] Atlanta GA area recommendations

        This is going out mostly to Moonie, but any other responses are welcome.I recently bought a used Fender Strat, and am looking into options for "Synth Access" (as Godin puts it). Anyone know of a good Luthier/ guitar tech in Atlanta that can install an appropriate pickup system.And just to beat the dead horse once more, which system is preferred, Shadow or RMC???How much can I expect to pay for the system, and the modification/ installation to my guitar?Thank you,Kevin HallerakaKiller Haven, burning artistThe Burning Artist(s) Sale artists:http://www.myspace.com/burningartistssalehttp://www.myspace.com/killerhavenatlantahttp://www.myspace.com/killerhavensdissenthttp://www.myspace.com/kloveburnhttp://www.myspace.com/kvpophttp://www.myspace.com/khoverBurning Artist also administrates forhttp://www.myspace.com/openimprovhttp://www.myspace.com/gfeatlantahttp://myspace.com/amalgamatedcliffdivershttp://myspace.com/21stcenturydiskhttp://www.myspace.com/mastercow85http://www.myspace.com/86atlantaYou can visit Killer Haven's homepage athttp://home.comcast.net/~kvtv177or visit his blogspot athttp://killerhaven.blogspot.com[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • MoonCaine
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2008
          I wish I knew. Sorry, I have no idea. Let us know if/when you find
          someone, OK?

          --moonie

          On May 5, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Kevin Haller wrote:

          > This is going out mostly to Moonie, but any other responses are
          > welcome.
          >
          > I recently bought a used Fender Strat, and am looking into options
          > for "Synth Access" (as Godin puts it). Anyone know of a good Luthier/
          > guitar tech in Atlanta that can install an appropriate pickup system.
        • kvtv177
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2008
            Cool, I post if I find a luthier.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2008
              Yeah, I've got a Roland GK-2 attached to my Yamaha Pacifica, just think I'm ready to
              "graduate" away from the "wart" on my guitar. I've checked out the Godin's and just didn't
              seem right (feel-wise) to my Strat sensibility...

              I got this Strat at a price that makes modifying it not seem quite so sacrilege.
              ahhh, decisions, decisions... :-)

              thanks, and best wishes,
              Kevin

              --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, Joseph DeMers <joe_demers@...> wrote:

              > Actually,
              >
              > There are options from both roland and axon to easily mount a hex pickup on a strat.
              There are options that can be done with no modification to your guitar, although I prefer
              to drill the 2 holes needed to mount the pickup. Check out the kits online or at your local
              music store. They are pretty complete and have basic if not poorly translated instructions.

              > If you go the pro-install you can still use the kits and for a pro it shouldn't be too much
              more than a full set up and maybe an hour more. You could also go full internal install but
              that would permanently mod your guitar and cost more too, albeit with a better look than
              the reversible kits.

              > Good luck and enjoy!
              > Joe
              >

              > To: GR-30@...: KVTV177@...: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:13:45 -0400Subject: [GR-30] Atlanta