Re: GR33 and GR20? Which is better

  • Davor Pavuna
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
      >>IMHO, the sound quality in the GR-20 is superior to the GR-33. To my
      >>ears, there are more usable variations and more variety.

      Shall I replace my GR-33 : I use only few gimmick patches LIVE
      like
      the organ, saxo, jazz scatt and percussion to amuze the public ...

      Thanks for the advice / comment,

      Davor
    • pjoneal35
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
        me too - although I typically use the organ stuff as a pad behind my
        guitar. Only 1 or two straight uses - Let Em In by Wings is one where I
        trot out a flute and the trumpet sound - we medley that with Uncle
        Albert and always gets some interest.
        ...trumpet is way better in the '20, flute about the same. Strings seem
        to be better in the '20 to my ears, and there are better
        pads...but...if you like to roll your own, the 20 is defintely inferior
        to the '33.

        --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, Davor Pavuna <davor.pavuna@...> wrote:

        > >>IMHO, the sound quality in the GR-20 is superior to the GR-33. To my
        > >>ears, there are more usable variations and more variety.
        >
        > Shall I replace my GR-33 : I use only few gimmick patches LIVE
        > like
        > the organ, saxo, jazz scatt and percussion to amuze the public ...
        >
        > Thanks for the advice / comment,
        >
        > Davor

      • Davor Pavuna
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
          Well, it seems that the simpler GR-20 could be my type of 'baby':

          Namely, I really cannot program anything by Roland (''MS-DOS programmed'')
          as I am lazy Mac-man or rather baby-boomer-buyer with GAS for
          anything-that-sounds-good or can help the stage show.

          The trumpet is important for the Latin- stuff we play:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxF5x2028yc
          http://www.tshacoo.com

          and the flute would have a nice place too:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QVJ2VrhOo

          So, I better verify the 'damage' the GR-20 would make (well, the
          dollar is low :-)

          Davor