Re: Welcome to GR-30@onelist.com

  • GRAHAMDIXN@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 19, 1999
      Hi fellow GR-30 users. I play guitar in a band called the 'World Of Jellyfish'
      that does 60-s 90-s cover tunes. We play a wide range of stuff and our range
      of material has increased dramatically since I got the GR-30 about 9 months
      ago. For live performance I link my Gr-30 via a midi cable to my zoom 4040
      guitar effects processor. I use the guitar effects to control what is selected
      on the synth when I am using the 'Mixed' pickup position. I have used most
      things on the unit, except the harmonizer and arpegiator functions. I find it
      simple to use and great for live work. For amplification I use a peavey guitar
      amp for my guitar and a Carlsboro keyboard amp for the synth. I originally
      tried both through the guitar amp, but the synth sound was not good, but it
      sounds great through the keyboard amp. The only real problem I have had was
      when using an acoustic guitar sound and strumming chords the chords sounded as
      though the notes were going out of tune, has anyone come across this problem?

      I look forward to exchanging ideas.

      Cheers!

      Graham Dixon
    • Ronney Rowe
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 19, 1999
        Have the same problem. Been waiting for someone else to write about it. I
        considered poor fingering positioning, bad guitar harmonics, but haven't
        come up with the answer yet. Hope someone will solve the problem.
        >Hi fellow GR-30 users. I play guitar in a band called the 'World Of
        Jellyfish'
        >that does 60-s 90-s cover tunes. We play a wide range of stuff and our
        range
        >of material has increased dramatically since I got the GR-30 about 9
        months
        >ago. For live performance I link my Gr-30 via a midi cable to my zoom 4040
        >guitar effects processor. I use the guitar effects to control what is
        selected
        >on the synth when I am using the 'Mixed' pickup position. I have used most
        >things on the unit, except the harmonizer and arpegiator functions. I find
        it
        >simple to use and great for live work. For amplification I use a peavey
        guitar
        >amp for my guitar and a Carlsboro keyboard amp for the synth. I originally
        >tried both through the guitar amp, but the synth sound was not good, but it
        >sounds great through the keyboard amp. The only real problem I have had was
        >when using an acoustic guitar sound and strumming chords the chords sounded
        as
        >though the notes were going out of tune, has anyone come across this
        problem?

        >I look forward to exchanging ideas.
        >
        >Cheers!
        >
        > Graham Dixon

      • DAVID A WENDT
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 20, 1999
          Try changing the chromatic setting to on.
          David

          On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:20:57 -0600 "Ronney Rowe"
          <ronney@...> writes:
          >From: "Ronney Rowe" <ronney@...>
          >
          >Have the same problem. Been waiting for someone else to write about
          >it. I
          >considered poor fingering positioning, bad guitar harmonics, but
          >haven't
          >come up with the answer yet. Hope someone will solve the problem.

          or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
        • GRAHAMDIXN@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 20, 1999
            Thanks, i'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.
          • Morris, Den
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 21, 1999
              Thank you. Glad to be a part.

              > ----------

            • Steve Formosa
              Message 6 of 19 , May 6, 1999
                Hi Joey

                I am really curious as to what a fair and a good price would be for a GR 30.

                Can you give me an idea?

                >Hello,
                >
                >Welcome to the GR-30 e-mail list. Please take a moment to review this
                message.

                >The GR-30 is a four pedal, floor-based compact guitar synth for use with any
                >steel-string guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-2A divided pickup.
                >
                >The GR-30 list is a forum for users of the GR-30, people interested in the
                >GR-30, or just people with the same interest in eletronic music, synths
                and the
                >people who play 'em!!!
                >
                >This list is intended to bring together users and potential users to meet
                one
                >another and exchange tips and ideas concerning the GR-30.
                >
                >Although primarily a GR-30 discussion group, you can also include any of the
                >other great synths that Roland or any musical equipment company
                manufactures.

                >LIST RULES: Please read before posting!
                >
                >No E-Mail Attachments. If you would like to share a file with the group
                please
                >send it to the List Moderator gr-30-file-contribution@... .
                The
                >file will be posted on the GR-30 Website for interested parties to retrieve.
                >
                >I could put some other rules but I hope that this list is inhabited by
                entities
                >with a little bit of common sense. Just remember that if someone does not
                agree
                >with you on a particular topic that does not give you the right to insult
                the
                >individual.
                >
                >Use this address to post: gr-30@onelist.com
                >

                >Thanks for subscribing,
                >Joey Aguilera
                >Moderator

                Steve Formosa
                sformosa@...
              • Joey Aguilera
                Message 7 of 19 , May 6, 1999
                  Well the best price I have seen for a new GR-30 is at ZZounds for $649. They
                  are really nice and helpful. With the pickup they have it for $800.

                  http://www.zzounds.com

                  Joey F Aguilera
                  _____________________________
                  Roland GR-30 E-Mail List Moderator
                  http://www.indiscipline.net/gr-30/

                  > I am really curious as to what a fair and a good price would be for a GR
                  30.

                  > Can you give me an idea?
                  >

                  > >Hello,
                  > >
                  > >Welcome to the GR-30 e-mail list. Please take a moment to review this
                  > message.
                  > >
                  > >The GR-30 is a four pedal, floor-based compact guitar synth for use with
                  any
                  > >steel-string guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-2A divided pickup.
                  > >
                  > >The GR-30 list is a forum for users of the GR-30, people interested in
                  the
                  > >GR-30, or just people with the same interest in eletronic music, synths
                  > and the
                  > >people who play 'em!!!
                  > >
                  > >This list is intended to bring together users and potential users to meet
                  > one
                  > >another and exchange tips and ideas concerning the GR-30.
                  > >
                  > >Although primarily a GR-30 discussion group, you can also include any of
                  the
                  > >other great synths that Roland or any musical equipment company
                  > manufactures.
                  > >
                  > >LIST RULES: Please read before posting!
                  > >
                  > >No E-Mail Attachments. If you would like to share a file with the group
                  > please
                  > >send it to the List Moderator gr-30-file-contribution@... .
                  > The
                  > >file will be posted on the GR-30 Website for interested parties to
                  retrieve.

                  > >I could put some other rules but I hope that this list is inhabited by
                  > entities
                  > >with a little bit of common sense. Just remember that if someone does not
                  > agree
                  > >with you on a particular topic that does not give you the right to insult
                  > the
                  > >individual.
                  > >
                  > >Use this address to post: gr-30@onelist.com
                  > >

                  > >Thanks for subscribing,
                  > >Joey Aguilera
                  > >Moderator
                  > >
                  > Steve Formosa
                  > sformosa@...

                • Mark Raveschot
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 26, 1999
                    Please get me off of this list.
                    Thank you.

                    GR-30-owner@onelist.com wrote:

                    > Hello,
                    >
                    > Welcome to the GR-30 e-mail list. Please take a moment to review this message.
                    >
                    > The GR-30 is a four pedal, floor-based compact guitar synth for use with any
                    >
                    > steel-string guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-2A divided pickup.
                    >
                    > The GR-30 list is a forum for users of the GR-30, people interested in the
                    >
                    > GR-30, or just people with the same interest in eletronic music, synths and the
                    >
                    > people who play 'em!!!
                    >
                    > This list is intended to bring together users and potential users to meet one
                    >
                    > another and exchange tips and ideas concerning the GR-30.
                    >
                    > Although primarily a GR-30 discussion group, you can also include any of the
                    >
                    > other great synths that Roland or any musical equipment company manufactures.
                    >
                    > LIST RULES: Please read before posting!
                    >
                    > No E-Mail Attachments. If you would like to share a file with the group please
                    >
                    > send it to the List Moderator gr-30-file-contribution@... . The
                    >
                    > file will be posted on the GR-30 Website for interested parties to retrieve.
                    >
                    > I could put some other rules but I hope that this list is inhabited by entities
                    >
                    > with a little bit of common sense. Just remember that if someone does not agree
                    >
                    > with you on a particular topic that does not give you the right to insult the
                    >
                    > individual.
                    >
                    > Use this address to post: gr-30@onelist.com
                    >
                    > Thanks for subscribing,
                    >
                    > Joey Aguilera
                    >
                    > Moderator
                  • Joey Aguilera
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 26, 1999
                      Instructions are at the bottom of this message.

                      > Welcome to the GR-30 e-mail list. Please take a moment to
                      review this message.

                      > The GR-30 is a four pedal, floor-based compact guitar
                      synth for use with any

                      > steel-string guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-2A divided
                      pickup.

                      > The GR-30 list is a forum for users of the GR-30, people
                      interested in the

                      > GR-30, or just people with the same interest in eletronic
                      music, synths and the

                      > people who play 'em!!!
                      >
                      > This list is intended to bring together users and
                      potential users to meet one

                      > another and exchange tips and ideas concerning the GR-30.
                      >
                      > Although primarily a GR-30 discussion group, you can also
                      include any of the

                      > other great synths that Roland or any musical equipment
                      company manufactures.

                      > LIST RULES: Please read before posting!
                      >
                      > No E-Mail Attachments. If you would like to share a file
                      with the group please

                      > send it to the List Moderator
                      gr-30-file-contribution@... . The

                      > file will be posted on the GR-30 Website for interested
                      parties to retrieve.

                      > I could put some other rules but I hope that this list is
                      inhabited by entities

                      > with a little bit of common sense. Just remember that if
                      someone does not agree

                      > with you on a particular topic that does not give you the
                      right to insult the

                      > individual.
                      >
                      > Use this address to post: gr-30@onelist.com
                      >
                      > Thanks for subscribing,
                      >
                      > Joey Aguilera
                      >
                      > Moderator

                      Explore your interests at Zing.com!
                      Use your pictures as wallpaper, screensaver or while you
                      surf the web.
                      Customize your desktop with thousands of free images -
                      Extreme Sports,
                      Celebrities, Pets, Funny Pictures, Art and more... Install
                      Now - Free!
                      Here</a>