GR-33 visual editor -problem with connection?

  • fpreffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Just installsed program, as i have heard it is very helpful. I have
      USB midiman between PC and GR-33. This connection seems patent as I
      can communicate between GR-33 and Sonar via selected midi 'in' and
      'out' choices.
      PROBLEM is getting started with Visual Editor! - i cannot get a "MIDI
      connnection between editor and GR-33" [..from toolbox selection].
      Would someone kindly give me a startup tip?

      Thanks
      fred
    • Steve Meiers
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
        On the GR-33, you need to do the following:

        1. Press the "System" button.
        2. Press the "Right" arrow multiple times until it stops advancing, then press the "Left" arrow once.

        You should now have a midi connection between GR33 Virtual Editor and the GR-33.

        Make sure the midi port settings are correct in the GR33 Virtual Editor and that the midi channels are matching in both GR-33 (probably midi ch11 - if you haven't changed it from factory settings) and also in the editor.

        If you do this, it should work fine.