Re: GR-30 editor q's

  • Neil Porter
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 1999
      >gr30 stuck in always mono mode

      There are a pair of left/right stereo jacks in the back. If you use only the
      left one you get mono. Otherwise, as far as I know, you can't get 'stuck' in
      mono.
    • Neil Porter
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 1999
        >why dont all of us on the group start swapping
        >patches for the gr30,

        What format will they be in? PC .wav files?

        Also, to get the trumpet out of the GR-30 onto my hard-drive, do I have to
        play it via the mono out and then record it into my sound card line in, or
        is there a better, less noisier way? (I don't like the trumpet in my Turtle
        Beach Pinnical card).

        >or, if some smart person on the list has a central
        >place we could all get at the ones flying round (assuming ppl wish to
        >swap), good idea?

        The onelist.com has a samples & loops group called samplists@onelist.com. To
        subscribe, go to http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/samplists.
      • Alan Myers
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 1999
          >What format will they be in? PC .wav files?

          The patches would only be usable by the GR-30. I suspect they would be .syx
          files which are supported by most major sequencers on all platforms. Or they
          could be .mid files that contain the Sysx data so when played from a
          sequencer that's connected to the MIDI IN on the GR-30 it will update the
          parameters of a patch.
        • peatea@snugcove.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 27, 2001
            --- In GR-30@y..., "Sam Sloan" <mekanoid@... wrote:
            > Hiya,
            > I think i have the answers u need...
            > The editor in cakewalk is not exactly good, but not unuseable, no
            arpeg
            > functions tho...
            > The free editor so far is the best around (unless i missed some)
            > As for your gr30 problem, i also used the free editor and the same
            patch
            > set, no probs here, u might wanna check your windoze settings, and
            get
            > back to us if u cant work it out.
            >
            > Oh yeah, while i'm here, why dont all of us on the group start
            swapping
            > patches for the gr30, or, if some smart person on the list has a
            central
            > place we could all get at the ones flying round (assuming ppl wish
            > swap), good idea?
            >
            > Sam- trancemosh@h...

            I host another Egroup. Chicago_Jam_Club
            We use the FILES here to post pictures of our jams and lyrics.
            I don't know what format your patches are in but it's worth a try.
            Pat
          • Joey Aguilera
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2001
              > Oh yeah, while i'm here, why dont all of us on the group start
              swapping
              > patches for the gr30, or, if some smart person on the list has a
              central
              > place we could all get at the ones flying round (assuming ppl wish
              > swap), good idea?

              If you visit the groups site on yahoo you can download and upload patches for the gr-30 and gr-33. Where have you been man :)

              Joey Aguilera
              </moderator>

            • John Waddington
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 27, 2001