Re: [GR-30] Re: acceleration

  • MoonCaine
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2006
      Thanks once again for bringing this to our attention. I recall you
      mentioned it before, but I still haven't internalized the memory so
      that it's a habit. I just plumb forgot about it.

      --moonie

      On Oct 31, 2006, at 9:03 PM, unlunf wrote:

      > This is nothing more than increasing the rate of change when
      > using S1 or S2 to select a patch. For example (and this is
      > straight outta the book, pg. 22), while holding down S2 to
      > increment through the patches, you can depress S1, and the
      > slow rate of change will speed up by a factor of about 4.
      > The same thing occurs in the opposite direction when you
      > hit S1 first.

      ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
      [ ][ ][ ][
      US Citizens, tell your elected representatives
      what you want and expect:
      http://www.house.gov/
      ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
      [ ][ ][ ][
    • Chad Bomber
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
        Not sure if I am getting through but is anybody using a Boss Me-50 or has
        anyone tried that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal, or the Roland GR-20?
        Thanks
        Chad
        > Thanks once again for bringing this to our attention. I recall you
        > mentioned it before, but I still haven't internalized the memory so
        > that it's a habit. I just plumb forgot about it.
        >
        > --moonie
        >

        > On Oct 31, 2006, at 9:03 PM, unlunf wrote:
        >
        >> This is nothing more than increasing the rate of change when
        >> using S1 or S2 to select a patch. For example (and this is
        >> straight outta the book, pg. 22), while holding down S2 to
        >> increment through the patches, you can depress S1, and the
        >> slow rate of change will speed up by a factor of about 4.
        >> The same thing occurs in the opposite direction when you
        >> hit S1 first.
        >
        > ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
        > [ ][ ][ ][
        > US Citizens, tell your elected representatives
        > what you want and expect:
        > http://www.house.gov/
        > ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
        > [ ][ ][ ][
        >

        > The GR-30 mailing list is maintained by Joey Aguilera -
        > tentacle_joe@...
        >
        > for info: gr-30-owner@yahoogroups.com
        > to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
        > to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > to set normal GR-30-normal@yahoogroups.com
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul Chapman
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hi Chad

          I am a GR20 player. I don't have a GR30 (or indeed any of the other
          bits of kit you mention) so I am not in a positon to provide any
          sort of comparison.

          I would say the GR20 should really be considered as a "preset" type
          synth with fairly limited scope to change sounds. Having said that,
          the sounds are pretty good, it tracks well and I really like it.

          I joined this group to pick up ideas of general guitar synthesis
          techniques - the review of cleaning products is just an added bonus!

          Not sure if this helps at all but at least you know you are getting
          through.

          Regards

          Paul Chapman
          Northamptonshire
          England

          --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Bomber" <chad_csa@...> wrote:

          > Not sure if I am getting through but is anybody using a Boss Me-50
          or has
          > anyone tried that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal, or the Roland GR-20?
          > Thanks
          > Chad

        • Chad Bomber
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
            Thanks Paul...appreciate it.
            > I am a GR20 player. I don't have a GR30 (or indeed any of the other
            > bits of kit you mention) so I am not in a positon to provide any
            > sort of comparison.
            >
            > I would say the GR20 should really be considered as a "preset" type
            > synth with fairly limited scope to change sounds. Having said that,
            > the sounds are pretty good, it tracks well and I really like it.
            >
            > I joined this group to pick up ideas of general guitar synthesis
            > techniques - the review of cleaning products is just an added bonus!
            >
            > Not sure if this helps at all but at least you know you are getting
            > through.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Paul Chapman
            > Northamptonshire
            > England
            >

            > --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Bomber" <chad_csa@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Not sure if I am getting through but is anybody using a Boss Me-50
            > or has
            >> anyone tried that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal, or the Roland GR-20?
            >> Thanks
            >> Chad

          • Cliff Lang
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
              I would think that the biggest drawback to the GR-20 would be the inability to move sounds from one location to another. There are times when you need more than one sound in the same song (strings on the verse, horns on the chorus for instance). Constructing custom banks is one feature I'd hate to be without.

              Cliff Lang
              Santa Rosa CA

              I am a GR20 player. I don't have a GR30 (or indeed any of the other
              bits of kit you mention) so I am not in a positon to provide any
              sort of comparison.

              I would say the GR20 should really be considered as a "preset" type
              synth with fairly limited scope to change sounds. Having said that,
              the sounds are pretty good, it tracks well and I really like it.

              I joined this group to pick up ideas of general guitar synthesis
              techniques - the review of cleaning products is just an added bonus!

              Not sure if this helps at all but at least you know you are getting
              through.

              Regards

              Paul Chapman
              Northamptonshire
              England

              --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Bomber" <chad_csa@...> wrote:

              > Not sure if I am getting through but is anybody using a Boss Me-50
              or has
              > anyone tried that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal, or the Roland GR-20?
              > Thanks
              > Chad

            • Steve Meiers
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                good wun, thanks

                All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!
                http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail
              • unlunf
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
                  --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Meiers" <steve_meiers@...> wrote:

                  > good wun, thanks

                  That's our tecrytor, always ready to make a play on words! <lol>

                  unlunf
                • Steve Meiers
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                    maybe i'm just a bad speller?

                  • unlunf
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                      tek,

                      > maybe i'm just a bad speller?

                      No, it was the way you worked my name in there. <lol>