Plate for attaching GK pickup

  • Jonathan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      I recently purchased a plate to attach a GK pickup on a guitar with
      Humbuckers. There is very little space there for an install, and this
      thing works great, AND is totally reversible! I found a guy
      manufacturing these and selling them on Ebay, and It works great! I
      had already "Jerry-Rigged" an install by Breaking the Pickup surround,
      and mounting directly to the body, but it just wasn't stable. The
      springs would occasionally shift etc. With his system, you add spacers
      until the height is right, and then snip off the extra bit of the
      screw. I attached pictures in our Photo's section under Jonathan's
      Gear. He also has a plate for strat installs that uses the pickguard
      screwholes. I believe you can reach him at
      peter@...
      if you are interested in buying one, or look on ebay.