Re: [GR30] Internal GK pickup

  • louie_warren
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2005
      'k closer inspection reveals that the 13pin cable is not delivering
      the 7v to the GK2a... I guess I crossed the leads and shorted it
      out. When I plug the cable into the GR and my PRS with the GK2a, no
      light... or sound for that matter. So... do I have a bad cable? a
      fried synth? both? I tried to check continuity on the cable, but
      it's hard to get the lead on the pins with my current meter. I says
      it has continuity on each pin, however, I don't know if I'm touching
      something else or not... is there a diagram of how the thing is
      wired? That way I can concentrate on the power pins and nothing
      else. Just curious, but is there a possiblity a factory reset would
      clear things up... kinda like tripping a breaker? Probably not...

      I have a friend that says I can borrow his GR and cable, but I think
      it's safe to say don't hook the Strat up! We play this coming
      Thursday and that'll be the test.

      Brother Tone, if you're listening, give me a shout on e-mail! Thanx.

    • Louie Warren
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2005
        I just connected my old Casio CZ5000 keyboard via MIDI and all the patches sounded fine. So, the synth is still working.... now to verify if the pickup or cable is damaged...
[...]

        for info: gr-30-owner@yahoogroups.com
        to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
        to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com
        to set normal GR-30-normal@yahoogroups.com

      • Louie Warren
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2005
          Thanx to David Ryan for the 13 pin diagram! I checked pins 12 and 11 (the voltage pins)... both show continuity... now I guess I either have a fried GK2a or input.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2005
            I didn´t get the 13 pin diagram (it didn´t come to my mailbox), could anyone
            reply it to either me or the list?

            Thanks
            Erick

            > Thanx to David Ryan for the 13 pin diagram! I checked pins 12 and 11
            > (the voltage pins)... both show continuity... now I guess I either have a
            > fried GK2a or input.

          • Paul Duivestein
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2005
              At http://home.epix.net/~joelc/rmc.html you will find the pin numbers with