RE: [GR-30] Edirol prototype "poly interface"

  • Andrew Capon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      This is great news, think of the possibilities this would open up not just
      in the playback to the VG88 or GR??.

      Now we can also have the computer generating sound based on these signals, I
      had been thinking about building a unit like this and now it looks like
      edirol are doing it for me!

      I will be writing software for this unit when it comes out and I bet others
      will as well.

      Very exciting

      Andy

      > BTW, there was also a reveiw of an Edirol prototype "poly interface".
      > The unit is a Firewire interface with one 13 pin input, and two 13
      > pin outputs for use with Pro Tools, (Logic, Nuendo, and other
      > applications to follow). It allows the mutitracker to record "info"
      > from the 13 pin, and was demonstrated with a VG-88 2.0. It allows the
      > recording of the 7 audio signals,( the hex output plus the 1/4
      > output), and the S1/2 signals. Unlike Midi applications, this will
      > allow the un-modified "Hexaphonic audio performance" to be captured,
      > and then sent back via 13 pin to the VG-88 for various re-amping
      > techniques. This will be a great accessory when development is
      > complete!

      The GR-30 mailing list is maintained by Joey Aguilera -
      tentacle_joe@...

      for info: gr-30-owner@yahoogroups.com
      to post: gr-30@yahoogroups.com
      to set digest GR-30-digest@yahoogroups.com
      to set normal GR-30-normal@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297m2co1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
      plch/S=1705032144:HM/EXP=1109735493/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
      etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=grplch/S=
      :HM/A=2593423/rand=988786700>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jonathan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        Andrew,

        I felt the same way when I read the reveiw. My main use of this
        product will be for re-amping. The ability to send 13 pin signals
        back to my VGA-7 will be extremely useful. I will be able to record
        a 13 pin signal, along with a 1/4 inch audio, and then adjust my vga-
        7's patches as needed and record from there.

        I didn't even realize the application you are considering creating.
        I take it that you are describing "random patch generation"? I think
        this will open up lot's of possibilities. I just hope that the
        complete development is quick, and that the version for Cubase is
        released shortly after pro tools.

        I did get the feeling that at this point in the development, there
        was no ability to manipulate the 13 pin data. It was basically just
        stored as smf data packets. The info was then played back into the
        VG 88 via 13 pin along with a CC track via Midi that sent sysex
        messages changing parameters of efx, eq, and patches on the fly.
      • Andrew Capon
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hi Jonathan,

          Could you tell me where the review was printed I would love to have a look
          at it.

          I wasn't actually thinking of "random patch generation", but actually useing
          the computer to generate sound. Rather like the GR or VG series of units. If
          I can get at the signals that is!

          Cheers

          Andy

          _____

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pf1g06/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
          plch/S=1705032144:HM/EXP=1109784154/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=grplch/S=
          :HM/A=2593423/rand=805424894>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links