Re: [GR-30] Elixir strings

  • Davor Pavuna
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004

      >I don't know about lasting 6 months or even a year. In my
      >experience, with moderate playing, they start to peel after 6 six
      >weeks. I guess it depends on your style, altho I no longer play
      >lead, so am doing little, if any, stretching.

      Depends on your fingers pH factor i.e. how much you sweat
      and whether it is an acid or not etc ...

      >Who has the best prices for Elixirs? I think I've been paying too
      >much at the local stores. I know I've paid at least $9 a set for
      >them, and I think $11. mike

      In Europe we pay more like $20 !

      Davor
    • mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        >Depends on your fingers pH factor i.e. how much you sweat
        >and whether it is an acid or not etc ...

        So, true. My body chemistry seems to be very hard on strings. When playing lead (back in my frivolous youth) I went thru a set a week - even if I cleaned them nightly. Dirty/worn strings trigger very poorly as well as sounding crappy.

        So, back to the Elixirs! Thanks for your comments, Davor.

        mike