Off Subject but...

  • kurt slaybaugh
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi gang,
      I know this has nothing to do with current subjects, but I need assistance.

      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?

      Okay, they lasted 20 years, but since Morleys are dependant for the bulbs in order to function. I can't find a lamp number on the bulbs, I don't even know what voltage they are (these are the old silver AC powered Morleys, not any of the newer battery powered or ones using warts). It is essential I find a supplier to use my pedals.

      Thanks,
      Kurt

    • Tone
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
        Try Dunlop.
        Or measure pwr in socket.
        Maybe 6V(very common)
        or 12V(also very common).
        try either.
        just get correct bulb base.
        plug it in.
        if it works....it works.
        if not, try other bulb.
        AFN
        Tone

        tone

        --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "kurt slaybaugh" <kslaybaugh@w...> wrote:
        > Hi gang,
        > I know this has nothing to do with current subjects, but I need
        assistance.

        > DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?
        >
        > Okay, they lasted 20 years, but since Morleys are dependant for the
        bulbs in order to function. I can't find a lamp number on the bulbs,
        I don't even know what voltage they are (these are the old silver AC
        powered Morleys, not any of the newer battery powered or ones using
        warts). It is essential I find a supplier to use my pedals.

        > Thanks,
        > Kurt

      • hamerman409
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
          > DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?

          If it's one of the older AC only pedals than it should use a #387
          bulb. You can buy one here:

          http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?
          Ref=133969&Row=202546&Site=US
        • cloffo@sonic.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2004
            Dear Kurt-

            Here is a simple way to both improve your tone and solve all those pesky
            Morley pedal problems:

            Throw that piece of Morley junk in the garbage where it belongs!!!

            Morley pedals ruin the sound of whatever you put through them. That optical
            conversion process they use absolutely ruins tone. No one should ever use
            any Morley pedal for any reason at any time.

            Well, except maybe a keyboard player.

            Cliff Lang
            Santa Rosa CA

            > DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?
            >
            > Okay, they lasted 20 years, but since Morleys are dependant for the bulbs
            in order to function. I can't find a lamp number on the bulbs, I don't even
            know what voltage they are (these are the old silver AC powered Morleys, not
            any of the newer battery powered or ones using warts). It is essential I
            find a supplier to use my pedals.

            > Thanks,
            > Kurt
          • Michael Gardner
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
              Mmmmmmm, harsh! Though I can't disagree with ya Cliff! <g>
              Somewhere out in the garage I have an old Morley pedal flanger. It's
              total tone suck. The best thing I can say about it is that it's
              really big and really chrome. Though I will say the idea of being
              able to sweep the flange manually is cool. I haven't used it in at
              least 15 years. I've just been too lazy to put it on e-bay.

              Cheers,
              -mike

              --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, <cloffo@s...> wrote:
              > Dear Kurt-
              >
              > Here is a simple way to both improve your tone and solve all those
              pesky
              > Morley pedal problems:
              >
              > Throw that piece of Morley junk in the garbage where it belongs!!!
              >
              > Morley pedals ruin the sound of whatever you put through them.
              That optical
              > conversion process they use absolutely ruins tone. No one should
              ever use
              > any Morley pedal for any reason at any time.
              >
              > Well, except maybe a keyboard player.
              >

              > Cliff Lang
              > Santa Rosa CA
              >

              > > DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?
              > >
              > > Okay, they lasted 20 years, but since Morleys are dependant for
              the bulbs
              > in order to function. I can't find a lamp number on the bulbs, I
              don't even
              > know what voltage they are (these are the old silver AC powered
              Morleys, not
              > any of the newer battery powered or ones using warts). It is
              essential I
              > find a supplier to use my pedals.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Kurt
            • Tone
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2004
                Hey Mike,
                U know,
                I'd like 2 take that weight of your hands.
                I'm thinkin' lots(most) old effects were tone suckers.
                By adding a small preamp/filter i bet i could make it
                playable(?) email offlist to discuss $$.
                it shure B interesting to experiment with.
                Also interested in the Morley "oilcan" delays.
                Thanx 4 the bandwidth
                tone

                --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Gardner" <1iriemon@c...> wrote:
                > Mmmmmmm, harsh! Though I can't disagree with ya Cliff! <g>
                > Somewhere out in the garage I have an old Morley pedal flanger. It's
                > total tone suck. The best thing I can say about it is that it's
                > really big and really chrome. Though I will say the idea of being
                > able to sweep the flange manually is cool. I haven't used it in at
                > least 15 years. I've just been too lazy to put it on e-bay.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > -mike
                >

                > --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, <cloffo@s...> wrote:
                > > Dear Kurt-
                > >
                > > Here is a simple way to both improve your tone and solve all those
                > pesky
                > > Morley pedal problems:
                > >
                > > Throw that piece of Morley junk in the garbage where it belongs!!!
                > >
                > > Morley pedals ruin the sound of whatever you put through them.
                > That optical
                > > conversion process they use absolutely ruins tone. No one should
                > ever use
                > > any Morley pedal for any reason at any time.
                > >
                > > Well, except maybe a keyboard player.
                > >

                > > Cliff Lang
                > > Santa Rosa CA
                > >

                > > > DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET BULBS FOR MORLEY PEDALS?!?!?!?!?!?
                > > >
                > > > Okay, they lasted 20 years, but since Morleys are dependant for
                > the bulbs
                > > in order to function. I can't find a lamp number on the bulbs, I
                > don't even
                > > know what voltage they are (these are the old silver AC powered
                > Morleys, not
                > > any of the newer battery powered or ones using warts). It is
                > essential I
                > > find a supplier to use my pedals.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > > Kurt
              • Tone
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2004
                  Hey Kurt,
                  U didn't mention what model Morley,
                  bu, i did some googling......
                  the bulbs were a #387; 28V, 40ma, 1 3/4 migit flange.
                  i think these bulbs are getting harder to find.
                  But U probably could use a lower voltage bulb,
                  if U increased the series resistor.
                  staytuned

                • MATTHEW@infoprice.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2004
                    El Mensaje no fue recivido por INFOPRICE. Por favor intentelo otra vez o contactenos en el +34 91-400-8061

                    The message was not received by INFOPRICE. Please Try Again or contact us by telephone:+34 91-400-8061
                  • Michael Gardner
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2004
                      I recently re-bulbed my flanger, That is the bulb I used. I checked
                      the voltage and it read 29, I think DC, but I'm not for sure.
                      -mike

                    • flibfree@worldnet.att.net
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 7, 2004
                        You might want to check here:

                        http://www.topbulb.com They have a lot of hard to find stuff,
                        but you need to be able to describe what you want pretty
                        clearly or you might end up with the wrong one... FWIW...

                        Flibfree