15054Re: GR-33 editor in Windows 8

  • Col
    Jun 2, 2013
      The answer is within your own statement "Using a cheap USB to Midi cable"
      They tend to work fine with simple/short note on and program change messaging, but when it comes to editor software and shifting large blocks of system exclusive data (patch read/write and system bulk dumps), they fall over (and choke).
      A better quality or reputable brand midi device adapter is best.

      --- In GR-30@yahoogroups.com, "Pepe Blanes" <diazv4@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I just upgraded my computer to a brand new machine, of course with Windows 8.
      >
      > Using a cheap USB to Midi cable, I connected the GR-33 to the computer, so far so good. Band in a Box can play through the GR-33 and also record from the MIDI interface.
      >
      > When I launch Grapelight, it complains about the connection. It can't read the patches from the GR-33, but it does send notes and/or patch changes.
      >
      > Same with the others I tried, they are useless for editing patches, but some communication works.
      >
      > My quick analysis is that the software interface for path retrieval/download isn't the same in Win8 as in XP and these old programs can't use it.
      >
      > Maybe the solution is come kind of emulation of old drivers in Win8.
      >
      > Does anyone have this problem and (preferably) have solved it??
      >
      > Thanks

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic